Poetry On Odyssey: A Journey Called Life
popular

The path you choose is up to you.

243
Via Unsplash

No one prepares you for this journey called life. One day you are just pulled into existence. We are not given any set of instructions. There are no do-overs. The decisions we make are final. So sometimes all we need is a little reassurance to know that we are going to be just fine.

Every day we are given another twenty-four hours to make better decisions that will carve the path for the rest of our lives. We go through trials and tribulations that mold us into the human being that make us who you are.

We are required to go through years of education that will later determine what we want to do to make a decent living for the rest of our lives. Pay bills. Debt. Seems like a good deal right? Life is completely what you make it. Even though you cannot control everything that happens in your life, you have ample opportunities to make it bearable. If you don’t take advantage of things that will make you happy, you’ll never get the best out of life.

.Daily routines can become tedious and boring. Live a little. Life is all about creating new experiences.Go out and do something out of the ordinary. Skydive. Eat at that restaurant you always wanted to go to but you were hesitant. Do something that you enjoy and love.

It is normal to feel some stress from time to time. Think of life as one big roller coaster. It will take you in a lot of directions. Up, down, and in loops. A lot of us are afraid of the unknown which is why we tend to play it safe. Life is unpredictable. So you can’t prepare for it which scares the hell out of us.

No one prepares you for this journey through life. But there are others around you that have been walking around on this Earth longer than you. Watch them as they set examples. It’s OK to ask for advice. After all, we don’t have all the answers.

Live your life without any regrets. You don’t want to live your life with “what ifs”. There are no do-overs or second chances. You only have one shot at it. Do everything that your heart desires. Find your passion. Surround yourself with positive people.

Be the happiest you can be. It’s very common to go through your ups and downs because it wouldn’t be reality without its share of disappointments but smile through it. Laugh. Do whatever you need to do get through it because life is too short to be anything but happy.

If you have a bad day, wake up tomorrow ready for a new day. Grab your new life by your hands and live it. And hope like hell it's worth the risk.