Poetry on Odyssey: The Stargazer
Family Friends

Poetry On Odyssey: The Stargazer

What is that little speck I see millions of light years away?

144
Poetry On Odyssey: The Stargazer
https://www.flickr.com/photos/yellowstonenps/14582291897

Close enough for my fingertips to touch,

Yet so far.

I can see the bear, the scorpion, the hunter and the winged horse,

Their stories forever written among the stars by ancient poets long ago.

It's the stars that keep me grounded, even if they are ten thousand lifetimes away,

Because they were here much before me. They will still burn a thousand years from today.

The stars are hope in a dark expanse of space,

They're the ones who light up a world and give it life, like the sun.

Billions and billions of masses of light and energy,

It's hard to believe that the universe once had none.

How insignificant we are, as human beings,

When we are compared to the massive galaxies and stars that unfold in front of us?

Your problems seem so small compared to the universe. Your world seems so small.

Things that are much bigger than you are going on.

I watch the stars until I see the fiery white strip on the horizon.

One by one, all of the stars, galaxies and constellations wink out.

They're all still there, just in the shadow of our great star.

Daylight has come, I must go about my life.

This is the planet where I have to stay.

But how, how do I do that,

When my heart is soaring among the galaxies and stars millions of light years away?

___________________________________________________

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.