A Playlist for Girl Power
Throughout history, women and girls have always been incredibly strong and prominent, even when oppressed by men or gender norms. Some have the wrong definition of the word feminism (which by the way, here you go) and some just can't accept the notion, but we've always made a statement in whatever we do. One of the many things women have ruled is music and what better way to talk about issues than through music.

I've compiled a list of the best feminist/girl power songs by a number of different artists. Some are catchy as hell while some are deep and complex. So did I get it right or miss some of your favorites?

1) Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce: The choreography, the outfits! Bey has always been a champion for women though.

2) Wannabe by Spice Girls: Psh, does this even need an explanation? They were one of the ones that started the girl power revolution!

3) No Scrubs by TLC: The theme of dealing with broke, mooching guys. No car, living with his mama and doing nothing? Nah. You're independent and looking good, you don't need someone like him.

4) Just a Girl by No Doubt: Since forever, women have been trapped in stereotypes of being weak and needing a man to help them. Gwen Stefani repeatedly breaks rules and continues to with this song. We're able to do things ourselves and be okay, isn't that wild?

5) Superwoman by Alicia Keys: I will not even lie, this song makes me cry. It shows the strength of woman and just what we can do. You're a superwoman.

6) Independent Women by Destiny's Child: Can you believe this came about because of Charlie's Angels?! Either way, this anthem is for all the independent women who can provide and take care of themselves with no man's help. This and Survivor will always be the go-to songs.

7) Salute by Little Mix: I can not and will not even lie about how much I love this song. It's for all of us women to stand up and fight whatever is in our way. Don't try us.

8) Feeling Myself by Nicki Minaj ft. Beyonce: Nothing compares to this collaboration. Ever. World stop... carry on.

9) Primadonna by Marina and the Diamonds: This tongue in cheek song deals with not needing anyone, but wanting that adoration, wanting whatever you want, but you know not to give your heart away.

10) Get Some by Lykke Li: Everyone freaked out upon hearing the chorus of "I'm your prostitute, you gonna get some," but it's not what you think. It's about having that power and independence. As she said in an interview, "As soon as a woman does anything, they seem to hit a nerve and it's back to sex. At least men seem to think that."