Plandids Are The Love Of My Life

Plandids Are The Love Of My Life

Why do I always look camera ready?
44

About two months ago I first heard the term Plandids. Now if you’re a millennial like me, then you instantly knew what I was talking about. For those of you over the age of 30 or who have just been living under a rock, a plandid is a planned candid. As confusing as that sounds, I promise it is much easier to understand than you think. Basically, it is all those Instagram photos of two girls laughing while not looking at the camera. I know shocking. I’m giving up the secret that girls aren’t always just laughing while being simultaneously always camera ready.

I have a love-hate relationship with plandids. Yeah, most of the time they make decently cute pictures.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

I could list negatives for days but I'll stick to 3. Double chins. Horrible angles. And somehow you look like a sea monster

Sometimes you’re shooting for something like this:

And you get something like this:

I guess the moral of all of this is, if you're going to take a plandid, be prepared for a whole lot of ugly to come with.