8 Places To Find Inspiration

8 Places To Escape To When You Need Writing Inspiration

Have writer's block? Go somewhere new for writing inspiration!

29
Katie Shannon

For some reason, you can't seem to find inspiration to write something new? You're staring a pen and paper for hours and continuously you draw a blank. Writer's block happens to all of us! Here are some ways that help me clear my head and find some new inspiration.

Go to an art museum!

Katie Shannon

Sometimes looking at art can help the mind create more art! Go to an art museum in your town or closest city and be inspired! Looking at paintings creates a flood of different emotions that can easily spark up new ideas to write about!

Go to a local family-owned coffee shop for some brunch

Katie Shannon

Bring all of your favorite pens and notebooks and sit down to write over some brunch! A peaceful way to start your day and get your brain going!

Go to a really cool library

Katie Shannon

An old fashioned library gives you the "deep, poetic writing" kind of inspiration we all need time and time again.

Head to a recreational lake or pond area you can sit a bench and write!

Katie Shannon

I couldn't tell you what it is, but sometimes being by nature can bring a certain kind of peace. Having a peace of mind can help curate new ideas to write about!

Get some really good sushi 

Katie Shannon

Treat yourself for a little date night...with yourself! Go to a local sushi place and order as many rolls as you desire, you can't write on an empty stomach!

Have some dessert and write over some coffee

Katie Shannon

Have some classic waffles and ice cream!!! Any nearby diner has this and just the thought of it brings back nostalgic times when you were a little kid without a care in the world.

Go to a national park and/or hiking trail

Katie Shannon

Go hiking with a backpack full of all of the essentials, including paper and pen! It's a calming and peaceful way to begin writing, and make sure to take some pictures too while you are at it!

Head to the beach

Katie Shannon

It's the best when you crank your butt out of bed early enough to see the sunrise on the beach. With the quiet sound of crashing waves and the cold breeze, you'll instantly find some inspiration somewhere.