5 Places You Should Go If You Find Yourself In Boulder, CO

Can you guess what they are?

226
Author's photo

My last Colorado article had me feeling some nostalgia, so here are five places you should go in Boulder, if you haven’t yet. Yes, some are predictable. Yes, these are my favorite places in BoCo...

5. Boulder Dushanbe Tea House

If you have no idea what this is, google it and be prepared to be mesmerized. Whenever I go here, I feel a sort of inner peace. Don't forget to get a blooming tea!

(aha I know that photo doesn't show the beauty that is the teahouse, but hey isn't it cute)

4. The Sink

Honestly, I didn’t start going to The Sink until my senior year (a sin, I know), but man it is just good classic boulder. The low ceilings, watching the staff, Sunday all day happy hour and Monday Flip night really made this place a memory for me. Some of my best selfies came from there- you don't believe me?

(Try and top those.)

3. The Spot

Yes, this is an actual place, a climbing gym! Go and try bouldering at The Spot in ... Boulder of all places. The Spot is the first bouldering gym in the country, and once you go you’ll be hooked. The sport is fun, the music is cool and the staff is great. It’s the hobby you never knew you needed.

2. Half Fast Subs

Everyone who knows me, knows I WORSHIP Half Fast. I can’t help it, Half Fast and I just have real chemistry. Seriously, this place turns into a fun dive bar on The Hill at night, and I must say it’s my favorite. Cheap drinks, a chill atmosphere, college paraphernalia everywhere, patio seating, what else could anyone else want?

(lol yes I took a graduation picture there)

1. Flagstaff Mountain- Lost Gulch Lookout

Whoa, all the pictures I’ve had taken at the Lookout Spot on Flagstaff Mountain look like postcards. The views are INCREDIBLE. If you thought Boulder was beautiful before, you’ll seriously be shook after.