The Phases Between Thanksgiving and Christmas Break

This might be a long and weary three weeks, but they will be manageable if I keep myself fueled by caffeine, good vibes, and faith

102
Meagan Hoard

Thanksgiving has passed, so now Christmas is right around the corner! While most of my fellow collegiate companions only have a two-week gap between now and Christmas break (lucky ducks), my school is in session for another three weeks. But, it's fine; the only thing salty here is my momma's green bean casserole that's still with me from Thanksgiving dinner. Here's how I plan to push through this awkward gap that seems to drag on forever while also managing to squeeze in as much stress and deadlines as my studiously soaked brain can handle in such a condensed time frame.

Week 1: Running on the Thanksgiving Vibes

All of the delicious, home-cooked food from last week is still running through my veins and will fuel me for the weeks to come. No amount of homework, quizzes, tests, or projects can defeat me this week because I still have the joy of my Momma's cooking in my heart. Now, by Friday, the caf might start to catch up with me...

Week 2: The Crash

I am fully aware that my happy, blissful spirit can only last so long when being fueled by warmth and love that is now 100+ miles away. By week two, my tummy hurts, my binder is overflowing, and my brain is softly whimpering. The mental breakdown is a real possibility at this point. It's called "Dead Week" for a reason, people, but it's not because of the "no extracurricular activity" cover they try to put on. It's because I'm slowly drowning in study guides, readings, financial ratios, and tears.

Week 3: Revival

Alright, it's the final countdown. (Please tell me Europe's "Final Countdown" instrumentals just played in your head.) All that stands between me and my four-week break at this point are just six final exams.... no biggie. Take it one day at a time; I know I can do it! My motivators for this week will include my amazing friends who are always encouraging me through every endeavor, as I will be supporting them through their trials this week as well, the sensation of returning home to more of my Momma's cooking, and the fact that after this week I will officially be halfway through my collegiate experience! I've totally got this.... I hope.

Fellow students, this is a trying time. But, with a little faith, trust, and maybe an A+, I know we can make it! As I often like to say, good luck in your endeavors. Carry on.