12 Thoughts College Girls Have Walking Around A Pet Store
Pets

Because you can't just stop in for something quick.

420
@Helena Lopes on pexels.com

Whether it be to find a new toy for your good boy or to stop in for last-minute kitty litter, every pet owner has found themselves at some type of pet store. Probably for way longer then they should be there.

1. "Aw, that's a cute picture of a dog!"

It's either a Golden Retriever, German Shepherd, or a Beagle plastered on a sign for the store, but they're so heckin' cute. Your mind automatically goes to a dog you know of that specific breed. Smile to yourself.

2. "Aw, that's a cute actual dog!"

Most likely not a Golden Retriever, German Shepherd, or Beagle. If they are, good for you! You ask the owner for some quick pets before carrying on with your mission.

3. "Please don't pee on the floor."

If you've brought your dog (or any other leashed animal), you hope with all of your being that they do not pee all over the floor so you do not have to get an associate. Or worse, what if they poop? What if it's diarrhea? Gross.

4. "Look at all the little fishes!"

The perfect pet for a college girl: not too much commitment, small living space, and you don't have to pick up poop! I am totally guilty of owning a fish my freshman year and getting him a filtered tank with decorations. He was spoiled but he didn't like me or roommate. Kind of a nuisance. R.I.P. Asparagus.

5. "Do I really need another fish?"

One fish just never seems like enough. If you do get another fish and plan on housing them together, make sure to read up on if you can with specific breeds or genders. Believe it or not, some fish are actually a little feisty.

6. "I'm gonna go look at the fluffy boys getting groomed."

The pet store I go to has a grooming area with a window so shoppers can look at all of the pets being washed, blow-dried, and brushed. Once in a while, you'll get a really fluffy boy who looks like Chewbacca. That's when you know it is going to be a good day. *cue Chewbacca sound*

7. "Ah, that's a tarantula!"

Fuzzy and crawly. I don't know about you but if I see an arachnid that's not Lucas the Spider, I'm out of there.

8. "These beds are sooooo soft."

Almost so soft that you debate on buying one for yourself. Seriously, some of them are nicer than my mattress that I had in elementary school. At least your pet will be sleeping on a cloud. If they even sleep on their designated bed. (Looking at you, cats.)

9. "Does my pet need an outfit?"

If they will let you put the outfit on them, the correct answer is yes. I got my dog a Christmas sweater with a bell and he absolutely went nuts trying to find the source of the sound every time he moved. It was the absolute cutest thing ever.

10. "Well, it smells lovely in here."

Sarcasm. It smells like typical animal. If you're allergic to any type of animal, please bring medication because your allergies will start to act up. Come prepared.

11. "Will my pet break this if I buy it?"

My dog destroys tennis balls in a heartbeat. Especially the ones that have the little squeaker inside.

12. "I should buy some of these special treats."

If your pet is with you, they probably know that this station means treats and if you walk by it, they will look at you like when you don't give them the last bite of your meal. The ultimate betrayal.

With online websites that let you order your pet essentials right to your door, it's important to remember to take your pet out or even spoil them a little more than usual.