The Perks Of Being Single This Valentine's Day

"A lot of people feel differently about being single on Valentine's day because we are all at different points in our lives. Being single may not be a big deal for some, but for others, it could be the first time in a long time that they are single this Valentine's Day."

44
girl eating pizza

Valentine's day is coming up and we all know what that means; it means that every person who is single is to be reminded that they are alone in this world, or at least that's how a lot of people view it.

A lot of people feel differently about being single on Valentine's day because we are all at different points in our lives. Being single may not be a big deal for some, but for others, it could be the first time in a long time that they are single this Valentine's Day.

For me, I am a 21-year-old single female who is perfectly content without a boyfriend since I am not sure where my life will be in the next few years, so settling down currently isn't an option for me anyways.

Nonetheless, literally all of my friends and family members have significant others, so it's not necessarily like I can just go out and have a fun night out with my friends because of course, they're busy; but that doesn't mean that I don't look forward to the perks that I can enjoy as a single person on Valentine's day that those who have a S.O. can't.

For a lot of couples, Valentine's Day adds this pressure that many (not all) don't look forward to. This especially goes if money is tight, but when you're single, it's okay to be broke on Valentine's Day.

If you are not necessarily broke, being single means that you have an excuse to splurge on yourself this Valentine's Day. Take yourself to Victoria Secret and buy yourself some comfy high-waisted undies; which of course brings me to my next point.

Another huge pressure, especially for women, is to make sure that you look perfect for the night of Valentine's Day. There are many of us who love to get dressed and going out, but if you have had a hard day, or are just stressed out and overworked in general, having to do things like shaving or putting on nice (sometimes uncomfortable) clothing may not be your idea of a nice and relaxing evening.

People who are single on Valentine's Day have absolutely no pressure to have freshly shaven pubic areas, have their hair look just right, or for some women, wear thin lace thongs that ride up their rear-end. They instead can literally lay around their house in cookie monster PJs with a pizza stain on them and it is all okay.

Valentine's day for singles also means that there is a great reason to plan a night in with endless amounts of junk food and binge-watching one's latest Netflix obsession. There is no one to tell you what to eat, no one you have to share it with, and no one to interrupt you right in the middle of an exciting episode of Gossip Girl (or judge you for your obsession).

So, I urge anyone who took time out of their day to entertain this article, that if you are sad about being single on Valentine's day to take the day to be absolutely selfish and do what makes you happy that you may not normally do on a weeknight. Valentine's Day is just a way for big corporations to make money anyway.