5 Signs That You're A Perfectionist Who Plans, Stresses, And Thinks Too Much
Health Wellness

Nothing is ever going to be "perfect," but you plan, stress and utilize all of your time to figure out what the best plan of action may be.

86
https://www.pexels.com/photo/young-woman-thinking-with-pen-while-working-studying-at-her-desk-6384/
Kaboompics.com

If you look at something and automatically find a flaw that you could fix, you're probably a perfectionist. Your outlook on the world is different than others, and sometimes this can drive you a bit crazy. Everything has to be exactly right in order for you to have a relaxing night in. Here are just a few things that you may have encountered at one point (or almost every day) in your life if you are a perfectionist.

1. You spend your free time thinking about the best way to do things.

media.giphy.com

Whether it's re-organizing a room or planning a project, you try to think of the best possible option for any given situation that you are a part of. You know what's best and do what you can to make things "just right." You have the exact way you like to relax and not think too hard about everything else you have to do, and it's hard to deviate from that if someone wants to take a day to do something unplanned.

2. You take the lead on projects because you know you’ll get it done right.

media.giphy.com

Who wants to be the project lead? You do, every time. Looking at what needs to be done and assigning team members to do assigned parts of the project is what you enjoy, and by doing this you can plan a timeline and be sure everything gets done. This opportunity brings you joy and the knowledge that all deadlines will be adhered to, with the production of a "perfect" (to your standards) product.

3. You plan everything.

media.giphy.com

Calendars, checklists and a solid plan are your best friends. Everything in life can be planned out whether it's how to organize a room, study for a test or making a life plan about what future job or family you want to have. Planning things make you feel in control and as if you have everything put together, but sometimes deviating from this can become stressful.

4. You over-stress yourself about the little things.

media.giphy.com

Not following your plan can lead to discomfort, which can lead to becoming stressed about whatever it is not turning out right. To you, there are very few definitions of "right", and you possess all of them. If anyone tries to help without you asking for it in certain situations, it can lead to more stress and the feeling that everything is spiraling out of control because it's not how you envisioned it.

5. Sometimes it’s hard to get out of your comfort zone.

media.giphy.com

Planning is second nature and without a plan, it can be hard to do anything. You have a lot to do, and certain times and ways to do it, so doing anything out of your control can be difficult. If someone messes up the meticulously organized papers that you need to study for a test, your sense of sanity can get out of control. People may tell you it's not a big deal, but it is to you because your system is now off and you have to do it over again. The same thing can happen on a night out, where someone suggests another place that you've never been, then other people drive and you are no longer in control of your plan for the night. It can be hard, but keeping calm and not showing that you may feel uncomfortable with the optimism can happen on occasion.

Whether one or all of these points are you, being a perfectionist is a personality trait that you choose. In the end, you choose how you want to feel, act and deal with situations, and this is something that you can forget when you feel overwhelmed. Having an open mind is one of the best things anyone can do for themselves, whether it's a lifestyle or temporary adjustment. I personally have struggled with wanting everything to be "perfect," but this is not always attainable and I have come to realize that over the years. Doing things to the best of your ability makes you feel good and accomplished, but don't let the little things that aren't "perfect" control your life.

Go on an adventure. Be open to a night out where there are no plans on exactly where to go. Enjoy every moment in life that you can share with people that love you and all of your crazy quirks.