I'm Ok With Not Making Straight As

I'm Ok With Not Making Straight As

Life is rough and school is even harder.

75
I'm Ok With Not Making Straight As
Casey Whoolery-Pratt

Most people strive for a 4.0 while they are in college, and my eager freshman self did, too. However, the more life hit me as I grew older, I realized that it is okay I don't make perfect grades. Where I lack in straight A's, I gain in work experience and involvement.

Unlike most, I don't have the ability at this point in my life to dedicate 90% of my time on my lessons. I hold down 3 jobs, 18 hours of class, and barely a sleep schedule. So that means my time is split 50/50 with work and school. I don't choose to overwork myself like this, at all. This lifestyle is a serious necessity right now and I just kind of make what I have work. So that means my grades suffer.

Currently, while most of my friends are shooting for a 4.0, I am shooting for a 3.25. And to me? That is okay. Life gets some people stuck between a rock and a hard place. And others have the ability to stress a little less over the major things.

Each lifestyle, if handled appropriately, can be very beneficial in many different ways. Mine for instance, is me stuck between a huge ass bolder and a wall so high there doesn't seem to be a way to climb up. But, I know there is a light shining down giving me hope that I will be able to climb out someday.

I am not here to talk poorly or envy other people's circumstances because we are all on our own paths with different obstacles and life challenges. But, I am here to talk to the people rowing in the same boat as me.

To those of you who have so much in their life that school sometimes gets scooted a little more towards the back burner, it's okay. Life is rough and school is even harder, but as long as you are passing and making the most of the amazing opportunity of education, why sweat not making it to Summa Cum Laude? Time management is huge in college and if you can master that with the busy schedule you have, you should be very proud.

All in all, making straight A's would be a dream come true, but making it out of college alive with this lifestyle would be be even better. Being proud of what you earned looks good on you, so don't get discouraged by that 3.0 that you are rocking.

We all struggle, we all push for better lives, and we all succeed at the end of the day. Making a 4.0 shouldn't matter, being happy with your life should. After all, they don't put your GPA on your diploma so you got that going for you!