people who dont have pets
Nature Animals

6 Things Pet-Less Dog Lovers Know to Be True

Dog-friendly places are your go-to spots, even if you don't have a dog.

122

If you're like me then you're absolutely obsessed with dogs. However, being a full-time student and working two jobs doesn't grant me the luxury of pet-ownership... yet. So, this is how I cope with trying to include animals in my lifestyle.

1. You learn all the names of the neighborhood dogs, and have your favorites

...And you get withdrawal symptoms when you haven't seen them in a while. There are three golden retrievers who live down my street, one of the families that own the oldest of the three recently adopted a Labrador retriever puppy. Walking by that house every day means that my neck is always craned, hoping for a glimpse of one of them, or seeing if they're outside.

2. You've been known to go to dog parks and dog beaches

Admittedly, it's super weird to go to a playground or kid-oriented place without a child, but when it's a dog, I think people understand that you just need some time around their furry companions. Owners have been understanding or friendly every time I've personally interacted with dogs at these venues.

3. Dog-friendly venues are immediately your favorites

Especially dog meet up events. Once again, the ones I've gone to are open to the public and including the pet-less public. Going to one of these is the equivalent of de-stressing or therapy for me.

4. You try to hang out at people's houses exclusively to be around their pets

Or else, if possible, ask them to bring their pets if they come over to your house. That's not weird, right?

5. You constantly ask for updates about your friends' pets

They're a part of the family too, and so one may ask for updates about a friends' sibling or parents, animal lovers will also inquire about their friends' pets. If your friend owns a pet, it's very likely they'll just give you updates on their own - not that you're complaining.

6. You're WAY too familiar with the question, "Can I pet your dog?"

And easily say it multiple times per day.

In conclusion, you're in a constant state of withdrawal and can't wait until the next time you're out and about to dog spot or interact with other peoples' pets.