To the People Who Like To Cruise in The Left Lane

Don't be that person to slow everyone else down.

74

To the people who drive slow in the left lane,

I don’t know about you, but people who drive slowly in the “fast lane” aka the left lane really irk me. When I lived in New Jersey and I would travel to my dad’s house in Pennsylvania and I would have to take Route 78 and those who did not want to go faster than exactly the speed limit would get on my nerves. Don’t worry mom and dad, that doesn’t mean that I like to speed or go a lot faster than the normal flow of traffic, but I’d at least like to go faster than 65 in the left lane. So, for big trucks and slower traffic, just an fyi, this lane is for PASSING. Not for cruising.

Now, here in Hawaii, the same irritation applies, and it is actually even worse. I feel as though some people who drive on the H1, especially in the mornings, don’t know how to maneuver in traffic. Don’t even get me started with the people who freak out when they have to let a car merge into their lane, it seems like it’s the end of the world whenever that has to happen.

But, anyways, not to get off topic, but the people in the left lane who go under the speed limit need to learn how frustrating it is for other drivers. The reason why it’s frustrating is because there are other people on the road. I think for those who are just cruising in the left lane, going either exactly the speed limit or slower than the other traffic aren’t being as considerate of other people on the road. That being said, there’s the possibility that there’s 3 lanes of traffic and there’s 3 cars all going the same speed and you’re stuck behind them. There’s a natural instinct to be frustrated and annoyed and want to get around them, and that’s what the left lane is for….PASSING.

So, if you are that person, please be aware that it’s annoying for everyone else on the road when you’re just cruising and holding up traffic by going the same speed as everyone else in the left lane. Maybe make someone’s day and clear up some traffic a little bit, and get over! People like me, with the itch to get to where I am safely and in a timely manner, will greatly appreciate it.