A Peek Into My Writing Past

A Peek Into My Writing Past

Why work on the future when you can look back?

69
A Peek Into My Writing Past

As a writer, I have been struggling lately to come up with new ideas and to execute the few I gain in a good manner. One could say that I have writer’s block, or that I am not trying hard enough. My guess is probably a mix of both, if I am being honest. With that being said, instead of trying to work harder and write some credible work, I decided to look upon the work of my past.

Although I definitely should have just tried to write more, I believe this to be good. It is good to see where you were in the past, and compare it to where you are now. Therefore, I do not feel as bad in wasting all this time scrolling through all my old documents and journals.

Without further ado, let’s take a peek.

* * *

Dear Spencer,

I am so sorry to inform you that we must be rejecting your kind offers of affection and attention. It is not you of course; I am just not the perfect fit for you. That's what we are looking for, right? We are all in search of a perfect fit.... Well being that is the case, I must send you this letter of rejection.

I know at this point you have probably thrown this letter away and are trying to get your mind of it somehow but let me take this moment to tell you that there are many more opportunities out there.You should not let this one get you down. And if it does, well, I can't do much to help you there, sweetie.

Oh, maybe this will help. Here are some post rejection tips:

1. Don't remember those happy moments in which you thought that you were the only boy for me. It will just make you sad, and obviously, you're not that boy.

2. Moving on is really easy with a few funny/sad movies. It depends on if you want to plunge into monumental sadness and then feel better, or just try for a laugh. Whatever you prefer.

3. Food solves all.

Thank you once more for your offer, and the best of life to you.

Sincerely,

Your Past Loves

The Love Life of a Book

If only I could feel your hands

As they graced my spine years ago

If only I could obey your commands

Wherever you went, I would go

If only I could fit in your palm

And make your journeys ours

If only I could make you calm

To soothe the pain and all the hours

If only I could be with you

At every minute and every second

If only I could be the one who

Could make the hurt suddenly deaden.

Fifty-Five Thousand words-

And somehow-

None of them for-

You.

lemon

the zest of a lemon always stung on an open wound

no one truly eats a lemon-

hi yes, i’ll take a slice of lemon with that-

not likely.

the zest of a lemon always tasted better in water

eh, better in sparkling water-

wasn’t truly a coke boy-

yeah, sparkling sounds nice.

the zest of a lemon was never truly a way to describe love

a love so pure-

it finds no bounds-

nor way to be broken.

the zest of a lemon is a taste i’ve grown to love

far beyond the other fruits-

although it’s never eaten-

it has been loved.