Open Letter To The Person Learning To Live With Their Loneliness

What do you do when your loneliness has you trapped in a hole you can't seem to get out of?

32
Open Letter To The  Person Learning To Live With Their Loneliness
Tumblr

Have you ever been in a season where you feel completely and utterly lonely? Your friends seem to be in their own worlds and it doesn’t include you? Your family hasn’t taken your emotions into account? Some of the things you loved the most make you feel sad?

"Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me "

I am here to tell you- not to worry you are not alone. However, this may not be the worst place to be!

Sometimes we get so caught up with trying to fill our loneliness with things that we do not need. We will try to fill it with a significant other, friends, money, or even some fill the gap with an addiction. We will try our best to fill that void with everything but the one person who can truly fill it for us. Recently, I saw a post that said, “seasons of loneliness are often God’s way of speaking something into our heart that you need complete silence to hear.”

What a beautiful representation of the situation that we face. It wasn’t until I seen this post that I realized that my loneliness was just God’s way of drawing me near to him. I noticed that the times leading up to my feelings of loneliness I had put other things in front of my relationship with God. I allowed my friends to take up all my time. I was working so much that I did not have time to read my Bible. I even went so far as to spend so much time with school and family that I would forget to pray. How dare I leave nothing for God? It was in this moment of self-reflection that my eyes were open to the fact God was showing me how he felt when I turned my back on him. How lonely He felt that I left Him?

"For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own."

Now, I am not here to say that Christianity wipes all your problems away because it doesn’t. In a way, it adds more, but some of greatest revelations come from a relationship with Christ.

When you have Christ with you, the loneliness doesn’t feel like a big giant, but it feels more like an opportunity to see God in a new light. It is a time for you to get some sweet time with the one person that loves you more than you will ever know.

So, the person who looks at their loneliness as a bad thing, just hope you know that your sweet father is here to wrap you in his comforting arms and he is piece your heart back together.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Love,

The girl who is learning to live with her beautiful loneliness.