To My Future Special Education Students, I Can't Wait To Be Your Teacher

I may not have met you but I know this will be spectacular.

222
Unsplash, Green Chameleon
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars." ~Lee Brown

To my future students,

Some of you may not even be born yet, but I can't wait to show you how amazing learning can be. I hope that you all come into my classroom with open minds and open hearts. I hope that you all have happy souls and a joy in your heart. I hope that you understand that our room will always be a safe place and no matter the issue, I am always here for you.

I go into every school year with a love of learning and I hope you all will to. I hope we go on many adventures and learn everything we put our minds to. I hope every day is a new experience and that you will always ask questions when you don't understand something. I hope you put in as much passion into your learning as you will life.

When you all graduate, I will be there cheering you on. When you get into a university, I will celebrate with you. I will be your biggest cheerleader because I've been where you are and I know how hard it is. I will always be here with the advice you need. I will help you with whatever you need and will always be a phone call or email away.

As your future teacher, I am preparing for the best and the worst that will be thrown at me. I know that you all have good hearts. You will be tiny rockstars and I can't wait to experience learning with you. Every day will be something new and I promise to make things fun instead of hard. I know I'll have to bring the thunder when needed but I hope it won't be often.

As the time draws closer, I say this. As your teacher, I will always teach but I will also learn. As students, you will learn but you will also teach. You never stop learning and sometimes you teach us something that we never thought about.

I can not wait to be your teacher.