Why The Older Era Was Better Than The Modern Era

newer doesn't always mean better

689
LifeBuzz

In a society with modern technology come great advances in human accomplishments. Today, we have the ability to communicate with people around the world, have made great advances in modern medicine, and can travel to faraway places in about a day. Humans have learned quite a lot, but at what cost? Despite the fact that we have all kinds of methods of social media and communication now we ironically seem less social than ever. Despite the fact we have great advances in modern medicine we seem sicker than ever. And despite the fact that we can travel to faraway places in about a day we seem less connected than ever.

The world may be advanced now in every sense of the world. But, truth be told, I want simple. I want face-to-face interaction, I want to not feel rushed, I want to live a vintage life style, and, no, I wouldn’t miss today’s modern technologies.

I realize how unpopular of an opinion this may seem in today’s society simply because we have it a lot easier and we have more advancements, but I look past all of that when I think about how people are today.

People today have hard times communicating and they’re lazier, more spoiled, and uncaring. In the older eras, people worked hard to get what they needed, they talked more and had more interesting conversations, they were humble, and they were strong-willed. More than just that though, I believe that they dressed classier and had more appealing style than we have today.

Humans are learning more new things every day, more ways to keep us busy and more technologies to keep us unmotivated. Most people would never dream of going back even ten, twenty, or even thirty years ago. Most people would say, “Why go back or stay still when I could move forward?” To that I would say, maybe it’s good to not have everything figured out. Maybe it’s good to not constantly be creating new technology and exploring things that may be beyond our control. So, try one day and just live as you would if you lived a long time ago. Don’t use technology, go outside, experience life, bake, sew, build, garden, read, write, and don’t get caught up in some of the petty problems of today.

Even with all the advancements and knowledge we seem to have today, maybe the modern era has more to learn from the older era.