OK, I Get It, But Is It Really THAT Bad?

"When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world." -Zac Efron, 17 Again

185

I think a lot of times we get so caught up in life, that it can be hard to keep our feet on the ground.

For example...last week I failed my accounting test, withdrew from accounting, and then proceeded to change my major entirely. Now I know some of you probably read that and had a small panic attack (trust me, I did too), but think about this in terms of the grand scheme of life.

It doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

This can be put into so many different perspectives of life. Sometimes, we get so wrapped up and automatically think that it is the end of the world. As Zac Efron famously states in '17 Again', "when you're young, everything feels like the end of the world, but it's not". Now I know that when he said this, we all thought it was super heartfelt and cute, but it's actually true. No matter how bad things may seem, and trust me, I know things can get bad, it is NEVER the end of the world.

I know that sometimes it FEELS like the end of the world. Trust me. I've had my days where I can't get out of bed because the thought of even trying to face the light of the day feels about the same as getting run over by a semi-truck. We all have those days. Life is never meant to be easy, it is meant to be a challenge. We have to constantly remind ourselves that life is meant to be a crazy rollercoaster with ups and downs.

However, every time something in your life happens, stop for a second.

Breathe.

Ask yourself, "is this as bad as it seems?"

"Will I remember this in 20 years?"

"Can I come back from this?"

Now take another deep breath.

I guarantee you, 9 times out of 10, the answers to all these questions will make you feel so much better about whatever situation you are in. Remind yourself daily that life is meant to be challenging.

Life is also rewarding. It is one of the longest things we will ever experience, so don't spend it stressing about things that really aren't THAT bad.