Really anyone who knows me knows I love Harry Potter. It's not hard to wonder why.
And, I mean, it's one of the best written series of the century. Of course it's so popular. Even after nine years, the last book release being July 21st 2007, the movies five years ago that were also released in July, the series is still immensely popular. This is thanks to Pottermore, other wizarding world misadventures, Harry Potter World, the incredible fanbase, and of course the exquisite J.K. Rowling. So in her honor, and in the honor of this magical series, here are seven reasons we never not be obsessed with Harry Potter.
1. If we have any friends that have never seen Harry Potter, we can't believe it.
Because, why? And also, why? We've tried forcing them to watch all eight movies, maybe even by inviting them over and not letting them leave until they've seen them all. It's only 19 hours and 46 minutes, and I mean after the first couple movies they'll want to stay anyways. Muggles.
2. As wonderful as the movies are, and they are wonderful, we know they can't compare to the books.
As spectacular as the actors performances and as well-written the movies, the plot-lines and character development in the movies pale in comparison to the books. And anyone who has only seen the movies is not a true HP fan. They're like a half-blood.
3. We know our Hogwarts house, and take great pride in proclaiming it to the world.
Oftentimes we judge other people on what house they are, more so if they haven't taken the official Pottermore quiz. Also, Gryffindor is the best and that's just a fact. And yes, this is the cupboard underneath the stairs of my house.
4. We know who the true villain of the wizarding world is.
Sorry Voldy, you might be the worst wizard that ever was, but she's a downright witch.
5. We can't wait for the technology of the muggle world to catch up to that of the wizarding world, and though Harry Potter World in Universal is a good start, we won't be satisfied until we have working wands and actual flying broomsticks.
Until then, we'll just take up skydiving lessons and practice quidditch on the ground. Yes, it's a very real and amazing thing.
6. We have strong feelings for all things that have come out of the wizarding world, like "A Very Potter Musical," Pottermore, "The Cursed Child," "Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them" and so much more.
"A Very Potter Muscical"...the only place where wizards sing about witches and wizards and magical beasts, Draco Malfoy is played by one of the funniest actresses in the business, and it's gonna be totally awesome.
7. Even after all this time, we still get the feels every time you think about our favorite characters (plural) death. Raise your wands...
J.K. Rowling more like jk I'm rolling on the floor dying because of how many times my heart was ripped out of my chest because you made me fall in love with a character and then you kill them.
And one more thing, because there were eight movies so it's okay. And that's what Harry Potter has taught me, and millions others-the true magic of friendship.