Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Deserve A Chance To Shine

They're more than just chocolate chip cookie knockoffs.

145
flickr

From goldfish one week to oatmeal raisin cookies this week, I seem to have more unpopular food opinions than I thought! Even still, these foods deserve a chance to be loved, and this week’s pick — oatmeal raisin cookies — definitely deserves some time to shine.

Oatmeal raisin cookies are definitely some of the best cookies out there. They have that delicious cinnamon taste that perfectly hits the spot when you need something sweet but not too sweet like chocolate. The raisins also go together quite nicely with the oatmeal. All of this results in cookies that are suited for anything and anyone really.

Now about the “controversy” over these cookies. I’ll address the chocolate chip mix-up since I know there are people who are bitter that they once ate an oatmeal raisin cookie but expected it to be a chocolate chip cookie. You’re right, the two cookies are very similar. They have similar looks. I can easily see how you could confuse one for the other and end up very disappointed. I openly concede that point.

However, that does not mean that oatmeal raisin cookies deserve all of the hate! When was the last time you oatmeal raisin haters actually ate an oatmeal raisin cookie? Yeah, you should try one and then get back to me.

Basically, all I’m saying is that oatmeal raisin cookies should not be the sad, leftover cookies at functions and gatherings. They should be scooped up along with the rest of the cookies because they are amazing and delicious and people have unnecessary hatred towards these poor cookies that never did anything wrong.

They deserve a chance to shine and a chance for people to claim them as their favorite cookies. Ignore all of the hate surrounding these poor cookies that can’t choose what they look like and if they look like another cookie. Who knows, maybe you’ll find that oatmeal raisin cookies are actually your favorite cookie after all.