NAPSA Allows For Your Tattoos To Live Forever

The New Way To Leave Your Loved Ones A Piece Of You After You Die

42

It’s no surprise that tattoos are very popular here in Richmond. Everyone seems to have one. Either they are suffering from the so-called “Richmond effect” or simply want to express themselves through a little tattoo or even a full sleeve. Regardless of their situation, tattoo enthusiasts will be excited to learn that a new way to make sure your tattoos live forever is emerging and while it left some people shaking their heads with disgust, many others are intrigued by it.

Some people spend thousands of dollars a year on tattoos, so when you die why should these tattoos decay with the rest of your smelly, old skin? I guess the people at NASPA -- the National Association for the Preservation of Skin Art (yeah,that’s a thing) -- thought the same thing.

“NASPA has developed a method of preserving tattoos so that your story, your spirit, and your legacy can live on, for generations to come.” I mean with a mission statement like that one, I’m down to have someone skin my future tattoo off me and leave it to one of my sisters or my mother who keeps telling me not to get one. You can even leave it to a museum! #tattoogoals

Here is a list of steps on how to get your tattoos to live forever while you decay underground:

STEP 1: If you do not want to be defined by others, declare who you are today by registering for a NAPSA membership!

STEP 2: Visit your profile to complete the straightforward online forms to ensure the preservation of your registered tattoo and that your Final Wish Fulfillment Benefit is activated.

STEP 3: Share your plans for the preservation of your tattoos with your friends, family, and loved ones - show off your Membership Certificate! For those who you will entrust with your preserved art, download or order a Beneficiary Certificate.

STEP 4: Enjoy all of your NAPSA benefits and interacting with our groundbreaking community of like-minded tattoo collectors, enthusiasts, and artists. Renew your annual NAPSA membership to ensure that your benefits remain active.

STEP 5: Upon your passing, your Final Wish Beneficiary begins the quick and easy process to give NAPSA notice within 18 hours.

STEP 6: Soon after the claims process begins; your Beneficiary is electronically provided detailed information covering the recovery and preservation process. A preservation kit, containing instructions and all the necessary equipment to recover, temporarily preserve, and safely ship your tattoo to NAPSA, is mailed overnight to the recovery provider (In most cases, your funeral home).

STEP 7: With the advice and support of the Association, your Beneficiary confirms that the recovery of your tattoo is undertaken in accordance with the instructions and with the equipment provided in our kit within 60 hours of your passing.

STEP 8: Upon NAPSA’s receipt of your art for preservation, the Final Wish Fulfillment Benefit will be mailed to your Final Wish Beneficiary.

STEP 9: In the following three to six months, your designated beneficiary will receive your beautifully preserved art!

So, whether you decide to leave it for a personal reason or a way for a loved one to always remember you, you must admit this new way of living through your tattoos forever is kind of awesome. Just think about it, that tattoo you got last semester at Lucky 13 could potentially be used as wall art in someone’s kitchen or bathroom.

For more information visit: https://savemyink.com