Ever since "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" came out in November 2016, fans of the show have called for a sequel to the revival. People have been arguing that the revival series ended with such an intense cliffhanger—they want answers to all five bajillion questions left at the end of the series.

Don't get me wrong, I was SHOOK when I first watched the revival two years ago. I didn't see the end coming, but I knew it was something special. You see, Amy Sherman-Palladino, the creator of the series, left the show before the final season, but it is common knowledge that Sherman-Palladino had the last four words of the series picked out from the very beginning of the series. With her departure from "Gilmore Girls," fans were deprived of those four words—until "A Year in the Life" came out anyway.

Because Sherman-Palladino was at the helm of "A Year in the Life," the revival of the series finally ended with those last four words—and they garnered quite the reaction. That reaction was not completely positive, and fans quickly began begging for more from Stars Hollow.

In 2019, much like the show itself, this "Gilmore Girls" conversation is getting a revival of its own. Sherman-Palladino recently signed a deal with Amazon to exclusively work for them due to the success of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" with one catch: she can work with any company on more "Gilmore Girls" if she so desires. This news has left news sources and fans alike with the hope that maybe more "Gilmore Girls" episodes are coming soon.

I hate to break it to you, but I don't see more episodes coming any time soon.

Sherman-Palladino was set on Rory and Lorelai's final conversation back in 2000 when the series first premiered—the series was always going to end with a cliffhanger. Why should that change nearly 20 years later? The idea was never to give fans exactly what they wanted.

The ending of "A Year in the Life" allowed "Gilmore Girls" to finally come full-circle, even though it left fans upset and Rory in a non-ideal situation. However, the revival gave Sherman-Palladino the closure she desired for the series she created—it wasn't for the fans. So why can't "Gilmore Girls" fanatics just let it go and appreciate Sherman-Palladino's artistic vision to thank her for the world of Stars Hollow?

Where Amy leads, I will follow, but I don't think it'll be back to Stars Hollow.