Yes, I Love My Cat More Than You, But I'm Not A 'Crazy Cat Lady'

Whoever said a dog was a girl's best friend obviously never had a cat.

174
girl kissing cat
Becky Sebring

Why is it, that when someone has a dog and they love them a ton, it's normal? But when someone loves their cat to death, they're labeled as a "crazy cat lady"?

Let me tell you, cats are just as good companions as dogs. It's just a matter of finding the right cat.

We all know that cats are persnickety little creatures. They go from snuggling up next to you to pushing you away in a matter of seconds. But that's just a normal cat for you.

They want to be loved when they want to be loved, and they want to be left alone when they want to be left alone.

But as long as you honor their space, they will provide you with the same unconditional love a dog can, without having to take them outside every few hours.

Cats are proven to be a great source of emotional support. They offer a sense of companionship that aids in eliminating anxiety and depression, along with most other emotional disorders.

It's for that reason that I look forward to coming home to my kitten every day, and she's always there, waiting by the door. To be quite honest, my cat acts much similar to a dog.

Sure, she doesn't lick my face or wag her tail, but she's just as playful, bringing her toys to me, and curls up next to me every night as I fall asleep.

Long story short, I'm not a crazy cat lady.

I don't see myself growing old with 10+ cats, but I can definitely see myself living with a cat or two around the house, for the sole purpose of having the unconditional love and support they offer.

It takes patience and care, but more often than not, a cat can be a girl's best friend.

There's no dog in the world that could ever tug at my heartstrings quite like my princess Lily.