Home Decor Ideas
Life Stages

Forget Baby Fever, I Have Buying A House And Decorating It Fever

I will live in a fairytale house.

117
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pottstown,_Pennsylvania#/media/File:CoventryHouse_PA.jpg

Now that I am older and approaching that time where I will soon be moving out of my parents' house, I have started thinking about what kind of house I want to live in and how I want to decorate it.

I am excited to start this next chapter in my life by moving in with my boyfriend. We probably won't live in a house first, but I'm still excited to move to a place that we can call ours. After watching hours and hours of HGTV shows like Fixer Upper and House Hunters, all I want to do is remodel and decorate!

My perfect house would be something with lots of character, that's private and has a decent size yard. I would love a white kitchen with a farmhouse sink that's also open to the living room. At least 3 bedrooms. I'm definitely going to need a walk in closet. A room dedicated to gaming and other nerdy things and maybe even a little library. I love French doors and archways too. I want something that has a cottage feel to it or like it's out of a fairytale. Oh, and there has to be shiplap! I love shiplap.

Don't get me wrong, babies are cute. They are our future and I hope to have a family someday. But I'm more looking forward to buying a house and moving in with the love of my life. A baby will come much later after that anyway. Children are a lot of work and obviously a huge responsibility. Raising a child to become a decent human being is a hard task. I have too much anxiety and worry over raising a kid, that it kind of makes them less cute.

It's pretty funny how my reaction to babies is much different than others people's reactions. I'd say that people's level of excitement when seeing a baby is the same as when I see a dog. So I guess this means I should just have puppy children. And they will help me decorate my future home.