Love Is Actually Real.
Politics

Nick Jonas And Priyanka Chopra Made Me Believe In True-Love

The royal wedding of the century.

188

Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra, the modern-day fairytale romance. So tell me, ladies, do you remember when a superstar-star stud and former boyband member slide into your Twitter DMs? Obviously not, but that's what sparked the beginning of those two lovebirds story when Nick Jonas entered Priyanka Chopra's DMs.

The last time a boy entered my DMs was the act of hypersexualizing my body in a recent picture posted on Instagram, but we're not going to talk about that today. Today, we're going to talk about the beautiful romance of Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra.

Sad news to all the girls who are now women that loved Nick Jonas and had posters sprawled out on their bedroom walls, I was one of those girls. Obviously, it's sad to hear that the favorite Jonas Brother to many girls(all love for Joe and Kevin) is married, but his happiness is all that matters.

Let's start at the beginning of their first meeting at the 2017 Met Gala. I'd like to believe that their eyes met as they both saw the brand Ralph Lauren logo etched on their luxurious outfits. As two wealthy individuals, their aura connected in the crowded space of the Met Gala. After their meeting, the rest was history.

This is how I'd like to believe their love story began, but it isn't too factual. The actual story of how Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra met, did, in fact, occur at the Met Gala, but not in the way previously told. In 2016, Nick Jonas slid into the Twitter DMs of Chopra, commenting on her appearance in Quantico, which lead to the two briefly speaking.

That's how the love story began, ladies and gentleman, a swift message in her DMs. In the aspect of it all isn't that the way romance and love erupts in the 21st century? Love, that's how it works these days, right? Slide in someone's DM's and you'll be married, walking down the aisle with a 75-foot train.

Not really, though, not all men are like Nick Jonas.

I'll be honest, I don't believe I'll meet my soulmate while "down in the DMs", but I can dream that a wonderful man like Nick Jonas will coincidentally send a message telling me how "beautiful" I am. In reality, that's not how things usually turn out to be, one hundred percent of the boys sliding into my DMs are nothing like Nick Jonas.

The cynical part of myself believes I'll be "forever alone" and as a friend once said, "Aby, are you being serious?" While the optimistic side believes that I'll find the love of my life and have a grand wedding like Nick and Priyanka.

In the time being, I'll continue to listen to the classic Jo Bro jams wishing that Nick married me instead. A girl can dream, am I right? To all the Jonas Brothers fans, December 1st was a sad day to see our beloved Nick married.

It was a mournful and joyful day, to say the least. Hey Nick, congratulations and I hope you're happy. I'll be listening to "When You Look Me In The Eyes" tonight, hoping it was you all along.