My Goals For The New Year

My Goals For The New Year

Set some goals and try to follow through with them this New Years!

22
My Goals For The New Year
Brandi Summer

As many of you know, I am student teaching in the spring. I was assigned a kindergarten classroom, and I am so excited for this new journey.

Although I have some time before I have a classroom of my own, I started to think about the teacher I want to become for my students. In this upcoming new year, even if you are not a teacher, instead of making a list of resolutions, make some goals for yourself abbot the person at work or at school you wish to become.

In this New Year, my goal is to become a teacher that is kind to students. Many times, I enter the classroom tired and exhausted and do not have a sweetheart. My goal is to open the class with a joyful heart and be kind to my students. Instead of dreading work every day, I want my attitude to be one of thankfulness.

I want to work on having a kind heart, even if it means sacrificing time out of my day to slow down and help a student on what I think is a simple task. I have learned throughout my experience in the classroom, that students look up to you, and the least we can do for our students is to show them a kind heart.

Another one of my goals for the New Year is to have a positive attitude inside the classroom and outside the classroom. I find myself waking up and already pointing out the negatives of my day, like being awake at 6 a.m. or being surrounded by little kids all day long.

Instead of waking up with a negative attitude, I want to turn my attitude around to be a positive one. If we start the day with a positive attitude, it may turn around our day. Instead of dreading going to work every day, be thankful that you have a job, and you have an opportunity to impact the lives of children all around you.

Lastly, my goal is to be a teacher that invests in the life of my students. Throughout my experience in the classroom, I have learned that children get attaches very easily. I, also get very attached to my students. It is always such a pleasure seeing my students come into the classroom ready to learn.

My goal for this upcoming school year is to be a teacher that invests in a student's life. Instead of strictly focusing on the academic side of a student's life, I want to show them that I care about them. It means so much for a student to feel loved in the classroom, and outside the classroom.

And my goal is to do just that; invest in my students' lives, and show them I care about them inside the classroom and outside the classroom.

New Year's goals are tough for me to follow through with, so in sharing my goals, I hope that I can be held accountable for them. I encourage you to set goals for yourself and share them with your friends and family. I cannot guarantee that I will meet and reach all these goals, but I will try my best. I know I will have some bad days and good days in the classroom. I hope that setting these goals for myself, will help me become the teacher that I wish to be.