New Beginnings
Health Wellness

New Beginnings

Finding comfort outside of your comfort zone.

215
New Beginnings
Photo by Rob Bates on Unsplash

Trying something new is always heart racing. I find myself dreaming every day of at least one thing I want to try. One thing that might put my life in a new direction. I feel as though we all try to start that blog, join that club, make it to the gym, ace the interview, raise that GPA, etc... It all starts in our head.

Everyone has that voice that tells us to go for the dream or goal. I believe there is also another voice, a louder voice, that tells us to wait, that maybe we are not ready for that next step.

The hardest thing to overcome is that louder, negative voice holding us back. It becomes a personal battle that could last a day or two, a week, to months. It all comes down to how much you really want it. To how much you are willing to push your self, every day. New beginnings do not stop after the first day. They do not become less of your dream or goal because you made it past the first experience.

Making it today one is the hardest thing. You have to step outside of your comfort zone, and somehow find comfort in that alone. We are blessed with each day to try something new. There are 24 hours in a day, and although sometimes we say it is not enough time, it is enough to start planning towards your dream or goal. It is enough time to take the first step. Maybe you made it to the doors of the gym? Maybe you did not cry this time in the interview? Maybe you studied enough and raised your GPA by a point or two?

New beginnings do not have to be huge. They can be as small as you want, as long as it is moving you forward. Always moving forward. Comfort zones are for people who do not want anything new and exciting in their lives. Comfort zones are for people who have never found something so strong they can not hold back the excitement to try it. They are for people who do not want to better themselves. We can all learn and grow a little every day and year we live. Growing starts with new beginnings. Growing should be our new comfort zone.

What represents your new beginnings?

Growing from the ground up!

Photo by Elijah Hail on Unsplash