Never Forget 09/11/2001

Never Forget 09/11/2001

"Where were you when the world stopped turnin', that September day?"

57
Never Forget 09/11/2001
Blogspot

On this day, 15 years ago the world as we knew it changed forever. On this day, lives were lost, hearts were broken, and the fear of when a day like this may occur again was permanently instilled in our hearts. At the age of five, in the first grade, I remember coming home from school and seeing the horrific scenes unfold on the television screen for the remainder of the day, leading into the next. Although at the time I did not know what all of this chaos truly meant, I remember seeing the fear in my parents' faces, as nothing like this had ever happened before. I remember sitting in silence as my parents and my family were truly at a loss for words.

Fifteen years ago today, our faith in humanity was both broken and restored at the very same time. While the acts of those causing this chaos ripped our world apart, our faith in one another as a country held us together in ways no one could have ever imagined. Hundreds of individuals stepped up on this day, to face the terror that was the attack on the twin towers and beyond in order to save the lives of loved ones, and even those of strangers. Some of these individuals were blessed to have lived to tell their stories today, and some were not as lucky.

To these people, I would like to say thank you. Thank you for putting others above yourself and for risking your lives for our country. Thank you for having the kind of heart and courage I could only wish to have someday. Thank you for showing me at such a young age that helping others is more than just extending a helping hand when it is convenient for you, but committing undeniably and fearlessly to the cause. Thank you for being the hero's that I remember to this day.

To the individuals who lost their lives while in the towers, and to the families and friends of these individuals, I extend all the love in my heart to you today, tomorrow and every day from now until forever. I ask that you remember these lives of all involved on this day will never go unforgotten. I ask you on this day to hold your loved ones close and to find love in your heart for those around you whether you may know them or not.

On this day every year, my heart lie heavy in knowing that someday this is likely to happen again. May this day be a reminder of how lucky we are to be a part of a country so devoted to their nations safety and freedom.

"Where we you when the world stop turning, that September day?"

NEVER FORGET 09/11/2001