Neons in 2019

The 1980s Neons Trend Is Back In 2019

Why the out-dated 80s trend is now trending.

174
neon color palette

Oh, the 80s. What a decade. Filled with iconic movies like "Can't Buy Me Love," "Pretty In Pink," "The Breakfast Club," and basically any rom-com coming of age movie ever.

When we think 80s, we also tend to think chunky earrings, loud patterns, Jane Fonda workout videos, and, of course, the neons.

The neon colors portrayed the sign of the times: teenage shenanigans, lustful lovers, and pop culture growth. People in the 80s were about self-expression and (ironically) coming of age and into their own. Why does neon express these feelings? Because what better color is there to express your youth and individuality than that of an attention-getter "look at me" color palette?

Then came the 90s. The decade of monochromatic outfits and neutral tones. If you want a visual synopsis of the style of this decade, look at "Friends," and more specifically, Rachel Green. Her sleek and slender, effortless style is the epitome of fashion in the 90s. Phoebe, on the other hand, epitomizes that one friend whose fashion sense changes on the daily. Her style probably fits into multiple decades rather than one.

But flash forward to 2019…And the neons are back!

I never thought I'd see the day where the colors you wore to an 80s themed party would work for a daily outfit. But here we are.

At first, I questioned how and why they came back, and then who allowed for this to happen, but as the trend grew, so did my appreciation for the shining shades. With no seasonal category, these neons can be worn any time of year, with any form of clothing, and that's what makes them the perfect outfit popper.

Don't believe me? Take a look at some of my favorite bloggers on Instagram and their brightly colored co-ords.

These chicks are my all time favorite Insta bloggers! Not only do they (usually) shop from stores you and I can afford, they also tag the stores they shop from so we can buy and style these looks all on our own! I always love when girls tell you their dirty little shopping secrets.

Don't believe me? Here are some celebs that have taken up this trend too!

And if Blake Lively does it, then so the trend is set.

So party it up like it's the 80s—except the drugs, don't do drugs, kids—and dress like you're a biker on a dark night. AKA stand out.