“Once an Aggie Always an Aggie”

“Once An Aggie Always An Aggie”

We’re branded in tradition.

149
“Once An Aggie Always An Aggie”
Maggi Medley

"Once an Aggie always an Aggie"

This phrase might seem a little silly to some. They may read it and scoff to themselves, because who in their right mind would want to be called an "Aggie".

"Aren't aggies just dumb farm kids?"

To myself, reading that statement fills me with so much pride, because heck yeah at NEO I'm an "Aggie" and I will always be considered an "Aggie".

You see being called an Aggie isn't something to take lightly. Being a part of the Ag department is an honor, one that I was blessed with.

Being an Aggie means having a heart that's willing to serve. We spend hours upon hours volunteering, working on different things to better our campus, the community, & the industry we care about. We know the value of a hard days work, we spend time painting fences, tending animals, performing research with crops, and then we put in the time to work jobs & still get our school work done.

Being an Aggie means representing the brand, when we're at events, when our teams are competing, and when we are just out & about in the community. People know who the NEO "Aggies" are & it's an honor that must be upheld.

The NEO Ag department has a saying that, "We're branded in tradition". We as a department have spent years building this positive connotation around our name, & it's something that we take very seriously. Once an Aggie always an Aggie, isn't just a saying, it's way of life in all honesty. I have gained more life skills from being a part of this department, than I would have anywhere else.

The NEO Ag department brought me a family that stands behind me 100%, that wants so badly to see all of its students succeed, but also isn't afraid to push us when we aren't living up to our potential. The instructors in the NEO Ag department, see us as everything that we can be, rather than the things that we fall short in. They know that we will be the future educators, legislators, veterinarians, and yes even producers, because someone does have to feed the world.

This department brought out the best in me, & when I graduate, I will always represent the brand because I will forever be an NEO Aggie.