I Will Always Need My Mom

Being 20 Doesn't Mean You Don't Need Your Mom, It Means You Need Her More

I need her just as much as I did when I was 2-years-old.

2587
Caroline Boze

I am 20-years-old and still shed a tear when I have to leave my family.

They are my biggest support system and my go-to for all sorts of things. When I have a question about absolutely anything at all, I know that my mom will have the answer and my problem will be fixed in just a phone call. Not only will she answer any question (no matter how silly it may be), but my mom gives me so much comfort when I need to calm down.

I am incredibly lucky to have such an amazing mom who will drop whatever it is she is doing for me and my sister when we need her.

When I came back to school after summer break, I left most of my necessities, like a speaker, Amazon Firestick, and Keurig. My mom made a list that had everything I needed on it plus more. Moms are super good at remembering everything that she knows you need but you forget. I really do not know how she manages to cook for us, clean for us, run errands for us, and still manages to do all the little things, like making a list for me that has everything I need on it.

My mom is the coolest person for being able to do everything she does for my dad, my sister, and me.

This morning, I woke up feeling super sick and stuffy. Feeling like this without your mom is one of the worst things, no matter how old you get. Moms seem to always know how to make you feel better almost instantly. Just some tea and a hug can go a long way. So, when I woke up realizing that I had no tea or a mom hug, I immediately had to call my mom for some comfort. We stayed on the phone for over an hour, and even though I barely talked, it was so relieving to just have her there with me in a way. I don't get sick very often. When I do, I do the thing no one should ever do: start searching the symptoms on WebMD, and all of a sudden, I have the flu or tuberculosis.

Fortunately, my mom most likely responds to this like "Honey, I think it's just a virus." She's right, it is just a virus. I knew that nothing was seriously wrong, but my mom is a lot better at giving me perspective than I am.

Sometimes we all just need a good reality check from our moms.

I love that I can still call my mom and know that she will be there for me in a heartbeat. Having a good support system when you're feeling rough can make a ton of difference.

So, yeah, I love being at school and having new experiences with new people, but my family will always be my home. My mom will always be the person I want the most when I'm sick or needing help with cooking instructions or just need to be comforted.