NAUTILUS Hiatus Announcement

NAUTILUS Hiatus Announcement

This Project has been Shelved.

18
NAUTILUS Hiatus Announcement

Due to a lack of interest, “NAUTILUS: A Lost History and the Arrival of the Del’Tari” will be placed on an indefinite hiatus until further notice. It was a fun endeavor while it lasted, however it clearly was not something to be attempted. Hindsight is 20/20, though, so that figures. Instead, Charlotte Tapp and I will work on our own independent projects for the time being, as well as getting our own lives in order. Will I instead try a different serialized story? Not likely. Not much of a point when there is no readership.

Rather, I shall do what most others do with this site. That is, writing small articles on whatever suits my fancy. Not sure for how long, though. One of the reasons I opted to write a serialized story was I got to write about whatever I chose and knew what it would be about each week. But now, without having direction, I am uncertain what will come next.

And while this is a short announcement to make, there is a quota I must fill in order to get this published for the few people who look at my articles. So, I guess I will dump some information about NAUTILUS that would have been in exposition piece here. So, spoiler alert: top secret NAUTILUS notes to follow (who knows if these will still be valid if we ever revive the story).

“Vise Void” is an alias. His real name is Vensint Darcy. He chose that pseudonym with the knowledge it sounded silly because he was young and wanted to sound like a superhero. Despite the NAUTILUS stories taking place on the NAUTILUS, an organic satellite somewhere far away from Earth, Vise is indeed from Earth and the only ‘terran’ onboard. And no, he was not abducted. Earth is far out of the reaches of other interstellar civilizations.

Kyumi has the title of “Del’Tari”, which in his culture means that he is perceived to be inhabited by the ghost of one of his kind as they were dying. All Del’Tari are given a Dal’Nori who follows and serves them. In some cases, a Dal’Khai will join them, being subservient to the Dal’Nori. It is implied in the prologue that Kyumi’s Dal’Nori and Dal’Khai died at some point prior to his securing passage to the NAUTILUS. And as he is a Del’Tari, he was not the first to start the search for all of the galaxy’s histories and mysteries. Instead, he took up the cause when his namesake perished. His real name and title is, as stated when he meets Heartsease, Kuur’Vah Xiir’Saio. “Xiir’Saio” is one of the most respected titles amongst his kind and means that he was a well-known clanless nomad prior to obtaining the title of Del’Tari.

A character that was going to be introduced was Virile Rramook. She was going to belong to a large species that seemed to be a mix between pangolins and felines. The plan with her was she would be a mechanic who helped repair Kyumi’s suit at some point and would later be a romantic interest for Vise for the sake of hilarity. And yes, this is more vague than the other notes, but I filled my quota.