My New York City Summer

My New York City Summer

The city that changed my life

4
My New York City Summer
whitney

The two greatest cities in the Country (maybe even the world) are Los Angeles and New York City. This is not an opinion. This is a proven fact. I have been lucky enough to have lived in both of these amazing places and have even called them home. I have lived in Los Angeles for the past twenty years of my life, however after living in New York for less than two weeks, I fell in love.

New York has a way of overworking you and exhausting you every single day. Everyone is so motivated, hard working, and competitive. But this mentality pushes you to perform at your best and motivates you to be better.

I fell in love with New York city in a matter of days.The food, the buildings, the fast pace, and most importantly the people. Yes living on an island with over 8 million people can seem crowded and annoying to say the least, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. From the East Village "wookies" living on the street, to the Dunkin' Donuts guy who would greet me everyday on my way to work, to the bouncer at Niagra. While living here I met amazing people and made friendships with whom I would have never known if not for this amazing city.

Being able to meet new people every day and hear each and every one of their incredible stories was truly incredible. From the old Ukrainian man down the street who told me stories over pizza of what it was like when he moved to East Village fifty years ago, to the Irish boy selling Irish whisky who moved here to find a better life. New York city made me even more proud to be an American and share this city with those who were not born here, those who enrich this beautiful city and leave their own unique mark.

Thank you New York. Thank you for motivating me, inspiring me, and changing me. I will miss the constant dripping of Air conditioning units while walking to work, the smells of Saint Marks place, and the bodegas. I will miss Crif Dogs,the N,Q,R subway and living down the street from the birthplace of Punk Rock. For now I will just relive my many quintessential New York moments and I will count down the days until we are reunited.