Transferring To Syracuse

After going to a community college for two years in Southern California, I finally decided to apply to transfer to Syracuse University. Syracuse was the only school I applied to since it was the only school I wanted to go to, just like my dad. I honestly randomly applied for the spring semester, I had planned to apply to transfer for the fall semester but what do you know I received my acceptance letter in early December.

Getting my acceptance letter in December meant that I only had a month to pack up, say my goodbyes, and live up my last month in Cali. I had a mix of emotions when I opened the letter, I was so excited and proud of myself but at the same time, I was really scared and sad to leave the life I had. My parents brought me to Syracuse and helped me settle in, but once they were gone I realized how alone I was. I don't know anyone in Syracuse or anywhere else in the state of New York.

Everything went by so fast that when I got here I felt like I was in a dream and that I'd wake up in my room back in California.

Two months in and I still haven't made any friends, the truth is I've always had the same group of friends so I've never had to put much effort into creating friendships. But with that being said, I have officially become independent. I'm actually starting to focus on only myself and I have a better sense of what I really want for the future.

I am glad I decided to come to Syracuse because I love being here, it's beautiful, I love wearing layers clothes, and this school has a lot to offer. Going to school in New York had always been my dream, and I told everyone I knew that I would attend Syracuse University one day. Now that I'm here, I plan to take advantage of all the opportunities Syracuse has to offer and hopefully become more socially involved. After all, this is just the beginning.