My Favorite Things About The Christmas Season (As Told By The PEANUTS Characters)

It's My Favorite Time of Year™ Again!!

198

The Christmas Season- as told by Charlie Brown and friends.

One of the most beloved animated Christmas movies is A Charlie Brown Christmas. Why so, you ask? Perhaps it is the innocence of the characters, perhaps it is the humor, or perhaps it is the universality of Charlie Brown's search for the meaning of Christmas. For me and my family however, it is the perfect representation of all the joy to be had during Advent and the start of the Christmas season! See proof below.

1. Ice Skating

Come on. How Christmas-y is that?! You can't get more "winter fun" than ice skating. Even if you're mostly terrible at it. And fall down a lot. And usually freeze both your fingers and toes off. IT CAN STILL BE FUN OKAY.

2. Snowball Fights

So. Much. Fun. I mean, you just grab a friend or two or twelve, throw on your coats and run outside, and *BAM* at least an hour or two of screaming and running around and having fun like little kids in the snow. Classic!!

3. Building A Snowman

Always fun to do, and it doesn't matter what it ends up looking like because it's snow and you can always change whatever you want about it! Pro tip: ACCESSORIZE. ACCESSORIZE. ACCESSORIZE.

4. Decking The Halls

So Much cheer!! So many possibilities!! SO MANY LIGHTS!! It brings the Christmas mood up from like a 5 to probably a 25. Out of 20.

5. Trimming The Tree

A classic, sacred tradition that everyone has a special role in. Glass ornaments at the top to catch the light, and the blinking-angel tree-topper always makes an appearance (however temporary) until Dad gets sick of the annoying flickering. O, Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!!

6. Seeing Lights Displays

Some people truly know how to get into the Christmas spirit with their decorations. All together now- "OOOOooohhh!! AAAaaaaahhhh!!"

7. Christmas Pageants

Especially the pageants with the preschoolers and kindergartners. They're just TOO PRECIOUS with the little shepherds and tiny Kings, and that sweet itsy-bitsy little Mary and Joseph?? Ugh. #blessed.

8. Christmas Parties!!!

Not only is there usually incredible food and special holiday sweets that are only out once a year (a la cousin Colleen's Christmas Eve chocolate peanut butter balls), but the music! Dancing! Friends! The holiday cheer never stops.

9. Sending Christmas Cards

With so many colorful and creative stamps and cards and Pinterest ideas available at the holidays, it's the perfect time to celebrate and recognize every possible holiday with all your friends. And we all love getting mail just as much as Charlie Brown does!

10. Singing Christmas Carols

It doesn't matter if you can't hold a tune with a handle. You're singing and rejoicing about the happiest day on earth! And everyone knows the words! Until you get to the second verse... and then it all *snowballs* downhill from there.

and finally,

11. Spending Time With Friends And Family

It's the best time of the year, after all!

So hang up your stockings and set out the milk and cookies. A Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!