11 Must-Watch Movies For This Holiday Season

11 Must-Watch Movies To Get You In The Holiday Spirit This Winter

Get ready to spread some Christmas cheer with the best holiday movies around.

52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tSzY7HnEj0

It's the happiest time of the year! Can't you just see it now: the Christmas trees, the lights? Smell the gingerbread radiate through the house. It can only mean one thing … it's time to bust out the holiday movies, aka the best part about the holiday season. I know this time of year can be incredibly busy and stressful, so for those of you who might be in need of some Christmas cheer I've got the best movies for you to watch to spread the holiday magic.

1.  "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

This one may be my actual favorite. From beginning to end, this movie is packed with constant laughs. And if you're anything like my family, you'll relate to the Griswalds on a deep level with how goofy you are. It's funny, it's sweet and is perfect to get you excited for Christmas.

2. "Home Alone"

Truly a classic. If you didn't watch "Home Alone" while growing up did you even have a childhood? If anything, watch this for Harry and Marv. You won't regret it.

3. "Home Alone 2: Lost In New York"

The only thing that could be better than "Home Alone" is "Home Alone 2: Lost In New York." This one elevates everything you love about the first one by putting the greatest city in the world as its backdrop. There truly is nothing like Christmas in New York City, especially when Harry and Marv are around.

4. "Deck The Halls"

Who would have known that Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick would be such a great comedic duo! This movie follows Buddy Hall as he tries to get his home's Christmas decorations seen from space. Chaos soon ensues when his neighbor, Steve Finch, tries to sabotage him. It's hysterical.

5. "The Santa Clause"

Tim Allen truly is the best Santa ever. Don't even try to fight it. He completely embodies the character in this funny yet incredibly heartwarming movie. And don't even get me started on how adorable Charlie is.

6. "Christmas With The Kranks"

Tim Allen strikes again with this fabulous Christmas movie. This one is pretty ridiculous but it's filled with so many hysterical moments. One of my personal favorites is Luther's touch up to his face. "Christmas With The Kranks" packs on the humor but also truly warms your heart and makes you appreciate the importance of family during the holidays.

7. "The Family Stone"

This one may not be as popular as your classic Christmas movies but I personally love this one. It follows Sarah Jessica Parker's uptight, Meredith, as she visits her boyfriend's family for Christmas. Craziness soon begins but with a fantastic cast, including Diane Keeton and Rachel McAdams, you'll love every minute. But I do warn, it will hit you in the feels, so maybe grab that box of tissues. Just a thought.

8. "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"

To clarify, this is the version with Jim Carrey, also known as the best version of "The Grinch" hands down. No questions ask. His performance is perfect and one of the most memorable of all time. Christmas just isn't the same without multiple viewings of this one.

9. "The Polar Express"

If you're like me, you grew up reading "The Polar Express" every year. It's such a beautiful book and the movie is no different. Not only is it visually stunning but Tom Hanks somehow voices multiple characters, and who doesn't love Tom Hanks.

10. "Jingle All The Way"

Oh, Arnold. Mr. "I'll Be Back" doesn't hold back any punches in this comical holiday film. It's packed nonstop with laughs, many of which are a tad over the top but you don't even care because what Christmas movie isn't. It follows a dad doing everything he can to get the hottest toy for his son for Christmas and all the craziness that follows. Trust me, your parents will relate to this one.

11. "Elf"

The best for last. "Elf" is easily the best holiday movie ever. Will Farrell's performance as Buddy the Elf is superb. Every second of this film is fantastic. If you don't watch this one at least two times a week during the holiday season you're doing it wrong.

So there you have it, my list of the 11 best holiday movies to watch this Christmas season. So sit back, grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the laughs, tears, and love.

Happy Holidays!