Listening To Music Can Distract You From Driving
Music

Please, Save The Noise For OUTside The Car

Don't Let that radio fool you!

78
https://www.flickr.com/photos/13523064@N03/7802958198/in/photolist-cTwcC3-pUBxik-bKiPkx-27P2Ww3-puazdJ-4Vj117-9ZRfhZ-o7dEXM-87JQgr-275Af4D-3PrQg1-8dZ4iD-9ZRaMZ-yvDEX-5vV3fw-9ecuQu-5Lmu5V-9ecuhJ-b7DHoT-2nw5uP-bxErcX-rFmQMk-AziC29-oUSiNa-aEhLUK-26XDqgj-oVbS9k-fkAuKB-8sVfXd-eobMbC-4tYJ4H-EphfRb-8HSFsX-PAc3eW-6woP8R-87MY9A-uJF81E-9MTf3k-bLD2Fx-6zDHWG-9YfzNr-aqagZS-b83kfe-zNxBg-7AtRud-7MCZe7-eH9nib-U5TDho-oejbZw-pS6uUJ

Have you ever been driving and jamming out to the radio when all of the sudden a commercial comes on the radio? Ugh, everyone hates advertisements, but distracting ones are the worst. Sometimes when we drive and listen to our tunes, we zone out and simply focus on the automatic and muscle memory concept of driving. Sometimes car horns beeping or sirens come on the radio during a commercial, and lately, this incident has been a much too frequent occurrence for me.

Perhaps, since I have been driving more lately due to my internship, I am more aware of this sound in an ad. Or have commercials been inserting car noises into commercials more often as of late in order to attempt for listeners to pay attention to the commercial as a result of the noise?

I would not mind this sound if I was listening to the radio at home, but being in the car and hearing this noise gives me a mini heart attack each time. Sometimes I think that I am being pulled over, or I am unsure if an ambulance is attempting to come in front of me due to an emergency.

I have also been under the false impression that a car is honking at me when in actuality it is not. These sound effects are productive in commercials and are able to convey messages, but they are a danger for me as a driver. My driving will potentially be more perilous due to the sounds of other cars on the radio. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between what is real and what is not, and these sounds on the radio seem so close.

Many people utilize the radio as background noise, and harmful sound effects must be eliminated in order to save drivers and prevent accidents. Beware of possible noises from the radio, and don't allow these sounds to throw you off or interfere with your driving! Be carful because you don't want to have a fright as I have! Continue to drive safely, and enjoy your music in spite of these potential interruptions.