Moving Is Hard, But Begins A Whole New Adventure
Life Stages

Moving Can Be Fun, Hard and Exciting All At The Same Time

Everyone experiences a "big move" at least once in their life. These are what begin each chapter that we undertake, as well as the experiences that we have.

95
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjV5auquPTbAhUrzlkKHUsYDNEQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F128359034%40N07%2F17233058042&psig=AOvVaw0mGSMXZjw76rL0k7DcD_2r&ust=1530209364045278
Nicolas Huk

Moving. We all do it at least a few times in our life. Whether it's going to college, getting a new job or getting married, we all share this momentous milestone that defines a chapter in our lives.

Throughout my life I have moved a lot all around Florida. Based on the fact that I lived in a split household, and both of my parents moved around a few times, moving around was a "normal" for my childhood. After I graduated high school and moved on to college, I transitioned into adulthood and decided where I wanted to spend my life for the next four years.

Moving to college felt different, and feels different, for myself and everyone because it's the first move where your family doesn't come with you. I can remember packing my stuff up in my and my parent's cars, driving to UCF and getting the key to my first dorm on campus. It was one of the most exciting moments of my life because it was just the beginning of a new adventure. I felt excitement, independent and a little sad because I was leaving everything that I knew. Those last hugs goodbye after all my boxes and things were placed in the empty dorm room were easy at first, but after I was sitting on my new bed and realizing that I'm now going to live with strangers and only see my family on occasion—now that was hard.

Since then, I have moved every school year up until now. From a freshman dorm, to another dorm (with a kitchen!) my sophomore year with some friends, to an apartment off campus with those same friends and now to a small house down the road from the university—I have definitely moved a lot. Now, as I pack up to move to another location that's closer to my job, I've graduated from college and have finished that adventure. As I'm typing this, I can remember so many moments in my college experience that I'll never forget. It feels strange to know that a big part of your life is over, and it's time to move on to bigger and better things, even if you're not sure what those are yet.

Moving can be hard. But we all go through the act of packing up boxes, loading them in a car or truck, and driving to our new destination whether known or unknown. Sometimes it can be something that we don't want to do, but moving allows us to look to the future and see the possibilities to make more memories. Although I would have loved to stay where I was at for every move that I had to make, I'm happy that I was able to experience so much in the many places that I lived. Those are memories that I will always cherish and never forget. So my advice to those who are moving is to embrace the change and look to the endless possibilities that the future holds, because these one, two or three moves will shape your future and how you make the most of it is all up to you.