Move Over Blondes, Going Back to Your Roots is All the Rage

Light brown hair is making a comeback, big time

1351

As someone who's been coloring her hair blonde for close to ten years, I've always been secretly hoping that natural hair colors would return and I could stop damaging my strands. So you can imagine how overjoyed I was to find out that light brown hair is making a comeback in a big way.

The time has finally come for organic colors to come back. We've seen stars like Selena Gomez and Kylie Jenner rock brunette colors recently, leaving the peroxide behind. If you've been thinking about going all natural, here are 5 reasons why you should.

1. Your natural hair color doesn't have to be boring

One major misconception is that hair that isn't colored is boring. That can't be farther from the truth. In fact, there are a million subtle and healthy things you can do with light brown hair. You can add some gentle baby lights or some caramel highlights.

image via Pixabay

This will give your color depth and radiance without having to bleach the whole thing. Plus, your natural hair color will bring out your eyes and ease your eyebrow care as well. Being blonde requires many of us brunettes to lighten our eyebrows which, let's be real, is annoying and causes further damage.

2. You won't have to hide in the shades anymore

How many times have you had to stay under an umbrella at the beach or wear a hat to protect your blonde hair from fading? That pretty much kills all the joy from being outside and enjoying that much-needed vitamin D.

Once you go back to your natural color, you'll be able to play in the sun as much as you want without having to bring toning conditioners, moisturizing sprays, and a whole arsenal of beauty products to keep up the blonde.

3. Your hair will grow stronger

That's right - as soon you as you stop using the chemicals that make your hair blonde, mostly peroxide, you'll see your strands growing our shinier and thicker instead of looking lifeless and fried.

image via Element5 digital

Rock your natural red, brown, or dark blonde. After all, shiny, thick brown hair looks better than dried up blonde any day.

4. You'll save a ton of money

This is one of my favorite things about going back to my roots - all the savings! Let's do the math. If you go to the salon every eight weeks for upkeep and covering your roots, you're going at least 6 times a year.

If every visit costs about $120, that's an extra $720 you'll have to spend on a ticket to Punta Cana or Europe just by going back to your roots! So, move over, blondes - going back to our natural color is about to make our lives a lot more fun.

5. You can finally be yourself again

Sure, having a stylized platinum blonde is cool for a bit, but are you really yourself once you make such a drastic change?

Going back to your roots gives you the opportunity to connect with your natural beauty, away from the chemistry lab. One weird thing that happened to me after I returned to my roots is that I felt more genuine in my skin.

image via Pixabay

I thought back to a decade ago when I had light brown hair for the first time and really felt in my element, all natural and comfortable. By going back to your roots, you will boost your self-confidence and feel more fierce than ever in your own skin.