Most Powerful Gangs in GTA San Andreas

Most Powerful Gangs in GTA San Andreas

Powerful Gangs

53
Most Powerful Gangs in GTA San Andreas

GTA San Andreas has been out and around for quite a long time now and it seems that this game isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. And so are the gangs controlling the streets in San Andreas. Gangs are one of the most important parts in the whole storyline of the game, even the main protagonist, Carl Johnson is part of one.

There are a number of gangs in GTA San Andreas controlling the streets, some more powerful than the others but what actually are the most powerful gangs in the streets? Let's find out:

BALLAS

Of course, our guys in the purple are one of the most powerful gangs in the game. They not only control most of the streets in the game but they actually run them. Ballas seem to have control over a wide territory around the city, these African-American gangsters aren't fooling around.

One of the many reasons for all this power is Ballas' alliance with one of the most corrupt cops in the city, Frank Tenpenny. He bends the law for his own benefit more than one can count and being in business with him, let's Ballas off the hook and also provides them with protection from the other gangs, especially their rival gang, Grove Street Families.

Grove Street Families

Ballas maybe the most powerful gang in the city but these are a tough nut to crack. Grove Street families, also being African-American, are sworn enemies to the Ballas, giving them a tough time every inch of the way. Grove Street Families, unlike their rivals don't believe in the drug trafficking or manufacturing, which is the main source of income for the Ballas as they flood the streets with their product.

Carl Johnson works for the Grove Street Families under the leadership of his own brother, Sweet. The gang starts to lose power after CJ departs to Liberty city but apparently not for long as his mother's sudden death brings him back to the city. He tries to make amends with his brother and help him get the gang back to its feet against the rival gangs and eventually takes over all the other gangs at the end.

Los Santos Vagos

Los Santos Vagos is one of the largest Mexican gang in the game whether it's GTA San Andreas that we are talking about or GTA 5. They are rivals to almost all of the gangs in the city but Varrios Los Aztecas tops the list. They are involved in all sorts of businesses in the city be it, selling guns, vehicle trafficking, extortion and so on.

The gang controls most of the Los Santos territory. As one of the largest gangs, the Vagos are divided into three units: the North side Vagos, the East side Vagos, and the original Vagos. They have taken over areas such as the Ranchos neighbourhood, Vespucci Beach, and the areas around the Cypress flats.