10 Tips For A Perfect Morning Routine

10 Tips For A Perfect Morning Routine

Start your day off right!

144
10 Tips For A Perfect Morning Routine
Photo by Clay Banks on Unsplash

Have you ever been in public and heard someone's alarm go off? The gut-wrenching, eye-widening sound induces a flinch in the best of us as we are shocked "awake" at the familiar "BEEP!" Alarms are beloved by no one, but that doesn't mean mornings can't be enjoyed. This semester I've perfected my happiest morning routine, and I am going to share it with you now.

1. Give yourself time

Photo by Malvestida Magazine on Unsplash

My alarm goes off two hours before my classes each day so I have plenty of time to dedicate to myself. This is the only bit of free time I typically get, so it's worth it to me to get up and allow myself a peaceful two hours to start my day off great. Let's be clear: I am not one of those 5:45 am people. I wake up around 8:30 or 9:00 a.m. each day, and it's perfect. Figure out what works for you.

2. Sunlight

Photo by Zach Reiner on Unsplash

Aside from not rushing to get ready, my window is another reason I get up between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. I never close my blinds at night, so when I wake up the sun is shining right on my pillow. Although occasionally blinding, it helps make my alarm feel more like a natural wake up than something I've forced myself to do. (But yes, I do sleep with sunglasses by my bed just in case).

3. Phone time

Photo by Plann on Unsplash

OK, I know it's not great to go on your phone first thing in the morning. But who am I kidding? I'm going to do it whether I schedule it or not, so I might as well pencil it in so I can stay on track. I give myself a half-hour in bed to satisfy my TikTok addiction, and then I get up with plenty of time to still enjoy the process of getting ready.

4. Skincare

Photo by Diana Polekhina on Unsplash

Next, I go to the bathroom down the hall (yay communal dorm restrooms) to put in my contacts and brush my teeth. I also wash my face, and although I've switched most of my skincare to my nighttime routine, I always moisturize and put on SPF.

5. Ice Roller

Photo by Vika Wendish on Unsplash

This is a recent addition that has become a recent addiction. I bought a $10 Amazon Ice Roller and use it for a few minutes every morning, and it is a game changer. It is so refreshing and feels great to use, plus the cold helps me wake up. It also is great to reduce morning puffiness, and I look forward to it every morning.

6. Podcast

Photo by Juja Han on Unsplash

While I get ready, I always listen to an episode of my favorite podcast. It's a great way to stay entertained while retaining mobility (i.e. I can move around my room while I listen), and you start your day off by learning something new. I do need more recommendations, however, as I am about to exhaust every episode of Crime Junkie.

7. Clean up

Photo by Nienke Witteveen Fleuren on Unsplash

Starting my day by cleaning up my space a little allows me to enjoy it more for the rest of the day. I always make my bed and just pick up anything off the floor. Nothing crazy, nothing extensive, but I give myself a clean slate for my new day.

8. Workout

Photo by Windows on Unsplash

This is absolutely nothing intense, but it's nice to get moving a little in the morning. I typically follow along with a ten minute, no equipment YouTube workout. However, if I'm not feeling like it I'll do a pilates video or just stretch. Anything to get my blood flowing a little, but this is my relaxing time so I never go too crazy.

9. Get ready

Photo by Jasmin Chew on Unsplash

I absolutely love getting ready for the day. I pick out my outfit, brush my hair, and put on a little make up if I'm feeling like it. I just like to be able to dedicate time into my appearance because it is something that is entirely for me, and giving myself time to like how I look in a day will bring me joy.

10. Breakfast!

Photo by Sara Cervera on Unsplash

Finally, finish listening to your podcast over a nice little breakfast. I live in a dorm, so it's not always the easiest place to make a breakfast, but I will make microwave meals, get cereal, make oatmeal or go walk to grab a smoothie. Your body needs fuel, and if you're as busy as I am, it's not always clear when you'll get a lunch break. End your peaceful morning with a great breakfast, and you're off to the perfect start to your day.

I hope my morning routine has given you inspiration for yours! if you liked this article make sure to check my other ones!