It's More Than Just Makeup

It's More Than Just Makeup

Makeup is so much more than just looking pretty.

1137
It's More Than Just Makeup

I always used to think people who did their makeup every day were weird, obsessed with their looks, and didn’t love their natural beauty. I also used to think that makeup was a huge waste of money and time.

Buying products and tools to have a full face of makeup runs upwards of $100, and that’s just the drugstore brands. If you go to Sephora with $100, you could walk out with foundation, an eyeshadow palette, and lip gloss if you’re lucky.

And doing a full face of makeup could add an extra 30 minutes to your morning routine. Do you know what you could do in that time? You could work out, eat breakfast, call your mom, plan your day. Like seriously, what is the point?

Now here I am, a few years later, and I love makeup! I think it’s so much fun and even though it can be pricey, it’s so much fun! I think what changed for me is that I realized that makeup can be so many things. It can be natural, bold, simple, and completely over the top.

I’m a very creative person and I need multiple creative outlets, hence why I write these articles every week. With makeup, I get to create different looks and give off different vibes based on those looks.

And my makeup can change based on my feelings. Like today my makeup looks sweet and warm because today I feel like smiling and giving a lot of hugs. It’s a great way to express how I’m feeling internally. Even if I wake up in bad mood and put on some dark dramatic eyeshadow, my day will be a lot better because I can look in the mirror and see a fierce version of myself.

And as shallow as it sounds, I genuinely have a better day when I put time and effort into my makeup. It’s becoming a staple in my self-care routine. It makes me feel well-put together and completely unstoppable.

If you used to be like me and can’t understand why people put so much effort into playing in makeup, just know that it’s fun for others and if you don’t like it, that’s your opinion which is also fine. Maybe somewhere down the line, you’ll be in my shoes.