More Bisexual Representation

There Needs To Be More Bisexual Representation In The Media

For some reason, it's difficult for most people to understand being attracted to more than one type of person.

185

I feel like this is still a touchy subject. Bisexuality isn't something that most people feel comfortable discussing, but I'm going to talk about it anyhow.

Bisexuality, like the other sections of the LGBTQ+ society, has been taboo since forever. For some reason, it's difficult for most people to understand being attracted to more than one type of person.

Since it's not a very popular topic, there aren't very many, if any, movies or TV shows that have bi characters in them. Ever since there have been more movies or TV shows that feature gay characters, it's become more of a norm to see in the media.

Even though this was a huge step for the LGBTQ+ community, there are still major groups missing from the media.

One of the most important shows, that has more than a few bisexual characters but doesn't make them a huge deal, is "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend."

This show is innovative in more than one way, but this is one of them. Instead of making the sexuality of the characters a big deal throughout the show, some of their sexualities aren't really addressed at all.

This philosophy isn't bad; it needs to become normal to see other characters with varying sexualities in the media. "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" is doing this the right way. It doesn't make it seem like they know they're being innovative by including bisexual characters — it makes it normal.

On the other hand, however, there's a fantastic song about the main character's boss, Daryl, realizing he's bisexual - and it's the best.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend | Getting Bi | The CW www.youtube.com

"Gettin' Bi" tackles all the usual questions that bisexuals get. It's new, it's fantastic, and it's helping the community by exposing more people to the realities of sexuality.

This doesn't happen often because it feels like the media is still scared to talk about the subject (even though we've come so far discussing the gay community).

We need more movies and TV shows that include bisexual characters, like "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend."