What Waterparks Song You Should Listen To According To The Mood Your Mood Ring Says You're In

Oh look, a segment on my page that no one asked to come back!

23

It's been over a year since I first posted my first installment of the mood ring series (here it is: "5 Seconds of Summer" in fall 2019).

I was scrolling through my articles (I'm almost at 100! What the heck??) and reread my 5SOS mood ring article and thought it would be fun to revamp it with different bands!

Waterparks is a band that absolutely loves using color imagery in their songs, so I thought they would be absolutely perfect to do! If you've never heard of them, well, put your mood ring on, wait a few, and then listen to the song I have listed for that color!

Purple: Songs for when you're in love

This choice was very clear to me. When you're in that very early stage of a crush or a relationship, put on "Telephone" from Waterparks' third studio album FANDOM. You won't be able to help yourself from smiling and it'll be really freaking cute.

Blue: Songs for when you're in a good mood

One of my favorites (and classic) waterparks songs is the very first song off their very first album Double Dare, "Hawaii (Stay Awake)" The vibes are just too good. The electronic tones and drums will have you up off your feet, and the overall upbeat tones definitely won't disappoint.

Black: Songs for when you're sad

Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants Giphy

"Not Warriors" is an upbeat song off their second album Entertainment that is great for when you're sad, because it'll turn the mood around for you! However, the lyrics will be working their magic, my favorite lines being "there's nothing in my system so I'm feeling what I feel for you." Yikers. But pure gold.

Gray: Songs for when you need to relax

relax treat yo self GIF Giphy

"High Definition" off FANDOM, and I cannot stress this enough. I've laid on benches in the shade of some trees on campus listening to this song on repeat to decompress and it works WONDERS. It's erethreal, that's really the only word I think of that completely fits the vibe. Give it a listen and you'll see what I mean.

Amber: Songs for when you're stuck

Kid Fail GIF by MOODMAN Giphy

I think that "Powerless" off Double Dare is a good vibe for when you're just stuck in a situation, romantic or otherwise. The chill vibe of this song will lull you into a false sense of security for about three and half minutes, and then it'll bring you back. Escapism at its finest.

Green: Songs for when you're chill n' vibin'

"Peach (Lobotomy)" is always a good one. This track off Entertainment will have your head swinging back and forth during the verses and bobbing up and down during the chorus. Its guitar strums and whistles are certainly a sound to behold and straight vibe to. Perfect for an upbeat banger no one else in the room may have heard before when you're on aux at a pool party. Oddly specific, but try it next time.

Blue-Green: Songs to get hype to

hype train GIF Giphy

"Watch What Happens Next" off of FANDOM is upbeat and great to play before a big game, an important meeting, or before confronting someone who's done you wrong. Basically, any situation you're in that you need to get your blood pumping prior, this song would be a great choice.

There are countless other amazing Waterparks songs I couldn't mention, but I already know I nailed it with these bad boys right here, so off with you! Go listen to your new favorite band!