Midterm Season, As Told By "Grey's Anatomy"

The vicious cycle of procrastination we know all too well.

582
YouTube

Midterm season is now in full swing for most students at Stony Brook University. You can tell because of how crowded the libraries are 24/7 and because of the slight yet constant smell of fear and desperation in the air. At least for me, it seems like once the first midterm rolls around, they never seem to stop coming until finals week.

If I’m lucky, I’ll only have one per week, but there are those days where I have two in a day, right after one another. When I’m not studying myself to death, I like to reminisce with some of my favorite "Grey’s Anatomy" episodes. This gang of doctors has become like my family over the years, and they seem to understand my struggles, although of course they have it much worse (at least I don’t have someone else’s life in my hands – phew.)

1. Monday morning blues

The snooze button is a dangerous invention.

2. Remembering you have an exam

Denial is totally healthy.

3. Regretting doing nothing over the weekend

Every single damn time. What ever happened to the study schedule I was supposed to follow?

4. Procrastinating, thinking you still have time

Because watching Grey's Anatomy is much more important than getting an A. Just pretend you have the GPAs they did in college.

5. Realizing you only have two days left

This is the point where you start calculating how much sleep you can get while still finishing all the material. Spoiler alert: not much.

6. Trying to understand Echo recordings at 2x speed

At a certain point, I start to zone out and have to start from square one all over again.

7. Trying to stay awake during your all nighter

All the Starbucks in the world can't save us now.

8. Panicking the morning of, when you haven’t finished your lectures

I always tell myself I'll wake up early, but we both know that was bound to fail.

9. Not knowing how to answer even the first question

Stage one of realizing how utterly doomed you are.

10. Seeing everyone else leave early

Halfway through the allotted time and you're only on the second page.

11. Giving up and turning in your paper

You didn't know the answer before and you certainly don't know it now. Don't worry, acceptance is necessary in times like these.

Hopefully, the next midterm you have won’t go like this. But let’s be real – it probably will.