Go to the Halloween Party in Disney if you can

If You Have The Chance To Attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party On Your Disney Vacation, Do It

Please attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, if you have the chance!

14
Personal photo: Alexis Cable

This week I had the opportunity to attend one of the Halloween parties hosted by Walt Disney World. The event is called Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It has been happening for the last 25 years and is a must-attend event if you live near Walt Disney or are traveling there during the months of August, September, and October.

The party takes place from 7-12 pm during August, September, and October. The ticketed event is only on specific days of the week. The event is something special for guests to attend. People come from all over to experience this event.

This event has specialized Halloween shows, treats, and even candy. When you first attend the event you will scan in at the touchpoint with the ticket you purchased for the party. Once into the Magic Kingdom, they will give you a "party" wristband to ensure that you are attending the event and not just a regular guest in the park.

All around the park, there are multiple treat stops. Each treat stop is stocked full of different kinds of candy. They give you a big handful of candy to make sure you go home with plenty of candy by the end of the night.

Throughout the night, there are characters during the party placed all across the park. Many of those characters are specialized ones that don't come out into the parks often. Some of the special characters out the night of the party were Moana, Captain Jack Sparrow, Jane and Tarzan, and many others!

Not only does the party include all of those awesome things, but you also get to ride multiple attractions that have short wait times as well as being able to ride 3 different versions of rides at the Magic Kingdom. During the night of the party Pirates of the Carribean has live actors placed in the queue, the start of the ride, and at the end of the ride. It gives a nice interactive feel to the already great ride.

Space Mountain is a new fun experience at the party. If you love Space Mountain you'll love this new twist on the ride just for the Halloween party. During the party, they turn all of the lights out on the ride and it is pitch black from start to finish. They also add more fast-paced intense music into the ride as well. It is a fun new way to experience Space Mountain.

On the Teacups, they didn't change much for the party but they added fun lights and music into the ride to make it something different for guests attending the party.

Many guests who attend the party will dress in a variety of costumes. The group of friends I went to the party with did a big group costume. We dressed up as a Disney family, which fun basic Disney family shirts. We also all dressed to the part of the name on our shirts.

The shows they had were all specialized for the night. The fireworks were all Halloween themed and then they had a special Hocus Pocus show along with a Halloween parade.

If you get the chance to go, I recommend going and spending the money on it. It's a great time, 10/10 recommend!!