Just a Tip with Megan Batoon Can Really Get You Through the Hard Stuff

4 Reasons Why Megan Batoon's "Just a Tip" Podcast Should Be On Your Radar

"She might not have the answers, but goddamn she'll try..."

128

Needless to say, this girl has been one of my idols for years. Especially as a dancer. I was never taught hip-hop from the beginning, but I definitely learned a lot about the style watching her dance. Batoon learned a lot through YouTube videos and classes, leading her to gain a spot in Step Up Revolution (circa 2012).

She's also created a name for herself on YouTube, showing off her calligraphy and graphic design skills, choreography, comedy skits, fitness videos, and many more facets of her talent-range. Megan is honestly a very talented person, and, while still very young, has lived a decent amount of life to be able to give advice to people.

She's also an Aries like me, so I'm even more biased.

That being said, her podcast is a must-have in my commutes from college to home. She always has great people to talk advice with. Whether it be comedians, musicians, dancers, other YouTubers, friends, or even ex-boyfriends, they all read emails from fans or people who need help that all sign off in a Sleepless in Seattle type of way.

They all try their best to give fair advice, and it's just so fun to listen to. Here are a few reasons why this podcast is so great:

The "No Small Talk" Rule

This is a rule that Megan talks about frequently, even pushing it on her merchandise (that I shamelessly buy, and will plug at the end).

This rule pushes the boundaries for meaningful conversations, rather than passive ones about the weather or your day job or even your mundane complaints. It's hard not to partake in the small, meaningless talks, but it should definitely be on everyone's bucket list.

She also choreographed a dance to a song (The Good Parts by Andy Grammar) dedicated to avoiding the small talk.

What they "would do" and what "you should do".

There is a method that Megan and her guests use when some fans' situations are a little harder to determine what to do. They might do something different than what some people should do, so they give two sides of advice. It helps with being unbiased while also giving their piece of genuine feeling. Everyone is human and no advice is perfect, so why pretend that one piece of advice is the end-all, be-all?

Her Wide Variety of Guests

Guests from all different walks of life, backgrounds, careers, and personalities all make for better advice and a better podcast. You're truly getting so many different opinions. She's had Chachi Gonzalez, Brittani Louise Taylor, Phil Wang, to name a few. All successful in their own regards with their own life experiences to measure up with all of those asking for advice.

You also get introduced to new people to follow, support, and get to know. Every guest seems like a pretty great person, so get your follow-spree going!

You, too, can write in!

No matter the "sticky situation", you too can write in and ask for advice. Email justatipshow@gmail.com to ask your questions or "burning concerns". They've got great advice to give, and the time to listen. Also, who doesn't like free advice from complete strangers? They don't know your whole life, so they can't even judge you!

Also, who doesn't like free advice from complete strangers? They don't know your whole life, so they can't even judge you! Hell, they won't even know your name!