18 Things That Prove Meg From 'Hercules' Is Far Too Underrated

She is by far the coolest Disney character.

1951

Growing up, I've always loved Disney's "Hercules." While I love the storyline and setting of ancient Greece (shoutout to the land of my people), what I love most about it is Megara. She is by far one of the most underrated Disney characters. I was never the real Prince Charming and friendly princess like Snow White or Cinderella type. I just always related more to Meg.

Meg is not your typical female lead like in other Disney movies. Megs free-spirit and independence are admirable, and her quick wit and pessimistic personality are entertaining as well as relatable. Her bitterness for love and men due to her last heartbreak makes viewers empathize with her as well as sympathize. Witty and sarcastic, Meg is by far my favorite Disney character out there, and it is time she gets some credit. Here are some of the times Meg absolutely slayed.

When she introduced herself like this:

Same Meg. Same.

And then asked for Hercules name like this:

Such clever wordplay!

When Hercules wanted to save her.

And she quickly shut him down.

Zero time for boys!

When she reminded Hercules, she was plenty independent.

Such wit, such sarcasm.

When she made fun of Hercules' awkward flirting with her.

Make him feel even more nervous. I love it.

When she didn't have time for Hercules checking her out as she bent over.

Just because you're a god doesn't mean you can stare at girls' butts.

When she made this completely 100 percent accurate and true statement:

Is she right, or is she right?

When she thanks Hercules for attempting to save her like this:

She's actually so cool.

And then walked away like this:

SLAAAAY.

Because Meg was a pro at using her womanly wiles and sexual appeal to seduce men and wrap them around her finger.

She is a total babe.

When Hercules became the most wanted bachelor in town, but she remained casual.

Her droll way of speaking just impresses me ever so much. Also, points for playing hard to get. Let the man chase you, Meg—you go girl!

When she was afraid to let her guard down because this happened to her:

"Nobody can hurt you."

We all have had a heartbreak that's left us bitter and vowing never to fall in love again.

Her face when she realized she was falling for Hercules:

Oh, no—not the feelings.

But then tried to fight it.

(Literally the best song in Disney music history.)

When she was annoyed she was actually falling for someone.

Because love was so not a part of her plan right now.

Eventually she came to her senses and admitted it.

Yes, sometimes we have to trade our souls to the underworld to save the ones we love.

And got her happily ever after.

All the feels when she pulls him in harder.