Maybe//Definitely

Maybe//Definitely

Maybe we'll be brilliant.

97
kelseyforan.vsco.co
kelseyforan.vsco.co

Maybe we're not all meant for greatness.

Maybe the ways we live our lives are capable of defining more than our own self-worth, more than our own expectations of ourselves. And maybe, at the end of the day, we won't be great.

Maybe we'll be brilliant.

And maybe, just maybe, when the inevitable time comes for us to leave this world that is both so beautiful and so haunting, we will be able to look back at our lives, and be able to smile.

Because what we choose to do over the course of our incredibly short time here, is the exact representation of who we are. We are not the productions of other people's opinions, we are simply the results of our own, because in the end, this is your life, isn't it?

And maybe our lives are built around relationships with friends, with family, with enemies, lovers, and mentors. As humans, we're social beings, wrapped up in the world around us that continuously brings us up and knocks us down. And sometimes it feels like a wave crashing over you, heavy and strong, and every time you try to even gasp for the smallest bit of air, another wave knocks you right back down. And sometimes you can feel so, so helpless.

But that's not how life should be.

Maybe we're not all meant for greatness, but we are definitely made for something more. Our minds, as incredibly complex as they are, can seem so very simple. We work towards our goals and fight like hell to accomplish them, because what are we if we don't have goals? What would be our purpose?

We are brilliant, strong, and capable of changing the world. And maybe, instead of always saying "maybe", we should all look at ourselves from a different lens, and start saying "definitely."