A Marcher's Thoughts Before The Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

My thoughts prior to my first time marching in Macy's 90th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade

18

Come one, come all! Come join us at the Macy's 90th Thanksgiving Day Parade! Balloons and floats and singers galore. Clowns and elves and Santa plus more! The streets of the city-that-never-sleeps are going to be filled with people watching, hugging, loving, singing and laughing.

Celebrating. There are going to be people celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas and Hanukkah and everything they want to be celebrating.

Families will be together. Children will be seeing elves and toys and things come to life that they could never imagine seeing. There will be rag-dolls walking around and Santa's elves trying to corral them, fish and pool balls running to say "HI!" Cops and (not so bad) robbers causing mischief in the streets, taxicabs running amuck and not a cab fare!

Watching this event on television for the past 16 years (that I can remember) has been my favorite past-time and tradition (aside from the stuffing that goes with the turkey) of Thanksgiving. Curling up on the couch with my cousins and grandpa (may he rest in peace, he would be ecstatic if he knew I was in the parade) to watch it.

Now, I get to live it. How freaking COOL is that?

Anyway. Watching the parade is the most amazing thing. The balloons and the floats and the singers and the people you get to interact with. The memories you get to make watching little kids have fun.

Wave, smile, throw confetti and enjoy! Get ready for Macy's 90th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade because we are ready for YOU.

Have a happy, healthy, safe and fun-filled Thanksgiving!